Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Comcast's Network Infrastructure Engineering team is seeking a self-motivated, driven engineer with networking and/or software development skills to help automate, transform, and operate Comcast's national Converged IP Network. This person will assist the team in charge of the world's largest IP voice, video, and Internet network. They will be responsible for planning, designing, developing, deploying, and operating new Software Defined Networking (SDN) applications and other network automation functions.
- Provides technical advice and support for real time analysis, control, and operation of the Converged Regional Area Network and Commercial network devices.
- Executes existing test plans.
-Collaborates with other Software Development Engineers, Network Engineers, and others
- Tests and certifies configuration, hardware and new features prior to deployment to the Converged Regional Area Network and Converged Commercial Network.
- Provides technical Tier 5 support for network problems and simulation of network issues.
- Works to ensure that all systems and bug fixes are complete in new releases.
- Works with vendors on new product releases.
- Maintains consistent records and documentation of all tests and certifications.
- Keeps the appropriate people informed and aware of the status and progress of work activities and business issue.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
-Software development & scripting
Other desirable skills not limited to:
-Working with Open Source. Both as a user and community contributor.
-Software Defined Networking, network automation, data-plane programming.
-Familiarity with any of these or similar tools and systems: Quagga, Bird, FD.io VPP, FBOSS, Wedge, Cisco Lindt, Kafka.
-Network telemetry, key-value & JSON document stores, time-series databases.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.
© Techie Jobs 2017. All rights reserved.