- Business / Management
- Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Category: Business / Management
Seeking a Business Development Manager in the Canton, MA area or the Trenton, NJ area and will be responsible for business development efforts for our growing Government Business Unit in New England as well as other targeted markets in the U.S. The successful candidate will identify potential clients and new opportunities in Transportation, Infrastructure, Facilities, Water/Wastewater, Capital Programs and other sectors/areas of interest to the company. The successful candidate will develop a robust pipeline of work, cultivate existing and new client agency relationships, develop effective capture strategies for targeted opportunities and be able to win new work and increase regional sales. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and maintains long-lasting and meaningful relationships with public agency clients as well as industry teaming partners; collaborating to find solutions to challenging projects and organizational issues.
- Supports regional marketing, sales of large multi-million dollar projects/programs, teaming partnerships and client engagement activities to implement business development initiatives.
- Monitors market conditions, innovations and trends, and competitors' performance, pricing and sales strategies to maximize competitive stance Leads and/or supports capture teams in pursuit. planning; development of win themes; and preparation of compelling proposals, presentations, and marketing materials.
- Conduct opportunity and client research.
- Leads company capabilities presentations with customers; attend technical seminars and industry events.
- Assist National Business Development Director and Operations Lead with developing client relationships.
- Participation in industry and client organizations as a strategic part of client development.
- Work with Marketing Manager in the development of collateral pieces and client submittals, as needed.
- Work with Operations and Project staff to enhance the company's client relationships across Operations and Project staffing levels.
- Maintain client contacts and opportunities in the CRM and SharePoint systems.
- Track goals and produce internal reports, as needed.
- Develop client relationships through face to face meetings.
- Maintain familiarity with a variety of PMCM's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills expected
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- May report to an executive or a manager.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Travel as necessary to perform duties
- Must have large capital program Engineering and/or Program and Construction Management experience in the Boston Metro Area.
- Must be result oriented and hands-on
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Business, Finance, Marketing or similar field.
- Must have at least 15 years of industry experience.
- Provides new opportunity capture management
- Has in-depth expertise in own discipline and knowledge of the related disciplines
- Anticipates and interprets customer needs to identify solutions
- Interprets business issues and adapts work priorities in own area
- Manages budget for own area and allocates resources accordingly
- Explains difficult concepts and persuades others to adopt a point of view
- Advanced Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Business, Finance, or Marketing or similar field.
- 20+ years of industry experience Leadership position(s) in engineering and/or program and construction management professional/industry association committees, boards, etc.
Job Source: Ziprecruiter
(Will expire by: 2020-01-15 00:00:00
© Techie Jobs 2019. All rights reserved.