Country Director, Sales and Operations (Toronto or Montreal)
The Country Director, Canada has the pivotal role of building and leading a lean and focused team in driving and executing strategies to drive adoption of a newly approved medical device that is used in combination with physical therapy. The Country Director will coordinate all operational, regulatory, sales, marketing and customer support in Canada among clinicians, physical therapists, rehabilitation centers, payers, and patients. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Country Director, Canada will collaborate seamlessly with US corporate operations to drive Canadian revenue and ensure that that clinicians and patients have a positive experience. Responsibilities include:
· Launch Planning – relying on his/her knowledge of the local market healthcare dynamic along with the clinical and payer landscape, the Country Director will enhance and improve the company’s go-to-market strategy for driving adoption for the device/treatment
· Executing on the go-to-market strategy; he/she will lead the budgeting and planning activities in the market; ensure operational performance meets or exceeds forecasts
· Develops, refines and executes the sales and marketing strategies in-market; establish sales forecast on a monthly basis and provide to corporate to ensure timely fulfillment of devices for customers.
· Develops targeted market access strategies to facilitate coverage through public and private payers (private health insurance, worker’s compensation, auto insurers, etc)
· Develop relationships with advocacy organizations along with governmental and private payers to increase patient access and enable reimbursement of the device
· Collaborates with corporate marketing team with on-the-ground tactics to maximize brand marketing and PR campaigns in-country.
· Strategic Market Development – Country Director will not only rely on established relationships with neurologists, physiatrists, physical therapists, clinics, hospital systems and payers, he/she will continue to build and develop new relationships to in order to educate the market about the device treatment and drive adoption.
· Ensures close and effective cooperation with corporate offices, in-country authorized treatment clinics and program owners to implement protocols and processes to maximize the patient experience, patient outcomes and capture data
· Provide stellar customer service and account management to physical therapy and neurorehabilitation centers delivering device treatment. Coordinate device training certification and ensure clear lines of communication.
· Oversees and coordinates post-market surveillance and quality programs ensuring effective QMS reporting and training activities with corporate; ensure that all market operations are compliant with regulatory requirements for Canada governing bodies.
· BS/BA degree in marketing, economics, or biomedical engineering; MBA and / or additional Healthcare related (scientific or engineering) post-graduate degree a plus
· 10+ years professional experience in business function (Sales, Marketing, Business / Market Development)
· 10+years market-development experience in Medical Devices in the Canadian Market;
· Proven experience in bringing parallel treatments or therapies to market; experience with first-in-class devices or physical therapy highly desired
· Canada, in-market experience made evident through relationships with relevant agencies, rehabilitation centers, hospital systems, clinicians, distributors, sales agents, payers, research institutions, etc that may enhance the adoption of the device/treatment.
· Experience working within a lean, scale-up environment required. Individual must be a player/coach and willing to roll-up-sleeves and do the menial, as well as develop and manage strategic initiatives in a resource-constrained environment
· History of determining superior solutions that meet customer challenges while ensuring positive business outcomes
· Previous experience working within a matrixed-environment utilizing shared corporate resources
· Proven knowledge of the regulatory landscape in the sales and marketing of a medical devices in Canada; proclivity for conservative actions when managing legal risks and ensuring compliance while continuing to drive results
· Bias for thoughtful action; experience in managing fast-paced growth and coordinating business operations with US corporate office; he/she must exhibit a willingness to roll-up sleeves and be hands on when required
· Able to quantify financial impact of decisions and identifies key factors when making recommendations.
Compensation Commensurate with Experience
Candidate must be in-market. Relocation not available. Prefer Toronto or Montreal, but may consider other centrally-located cities within Canada for the right candidate.
© Techie Jobs 2020. All rights reserved.