At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
An enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Product Manager focused on Supply Chain, Operations and Logistics.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE…
- Visualizing and modeling entire Supply Chains in order to identify points of weakness and areas of improvement
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget; to do so, you’ll develop a detailed project plan with relevant stakeholders as well as monitor and track progress
- Create Roadmap of Initiatives & changes in your track and provide inputs to align with other tracks within Supply Chain and Product Team in Carvana.
- Managing changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs; documenting all changes
- Creating, maintaining, and updating a documentation library of technical and operational processes and SOPs
- Ownership of relevant application systems and process support
- Ownership of project invoice tracking and payments with regular interaction with Accounts Payable
- Ownership of the product life cycle as well as the overall product itself.
- Proactively performing risk management to minimize project risks
- Reviewing requirement specifications and technical design documents in order to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be openly raised
- Relationship management between the Supply Chain Product team and other support teams that interact with supply chain products, such as Engineering, Market Ops, Analytics, Infrastructure, DBA & QA teams to name a few.
- Third party vendor management
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE…
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 8 years experience in Logistics and/or Transportation industry
- Minimum 5 years experience in project management
- Minimum 5 years experience in product management
- Minimum 2 years experience using tracking software
- Practiced skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Great communication and collaboration skills at all levels in the organization
- Minimum 2 years experience and deep working knowledge of the SDLC.
- Stellar documentation skills including familiarity with Google Sheets/Microsoft suite.
- Proficiency in Jira and Confluence
- A positive vibe and sense of humor!
WE’D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD…
- Automotive Logistics experience
- Formal Project Management methodology training or certification (e.g., Agile)
- Experience with Driver Hours of Service
- Experience with Automotive Manufacturing
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN…
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.