Reside in Colorado or in Wyoming
Maverik’s Quality Assurance Manager is an integral part of the FRESCH food & beverage team. They drive business results through program development and execution of Maverik’s F&B concepts. The ideal candidate will have an outgoing service-oriented demeanor with a strong process orientation that brings passion and excitement to both our store operating partners and internal teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, trains and supports FRESCH (food and beverage) employees on food safety, sanitation, quality assurance of recipes and procedures
- Ensures the development and compliance of our HACCP and food safety/regulatory programs.
- Assures the implementation of quality assurance and standard operating procedures (SOP's)
- Delivers continuous quality improvement through use of systematic tools and processes
- Collaborates with engineering, supply chain and management to ensure quality standards are in place
- Assists in planning, and leading quality related activities, including in store product quality metrics, evaluation and analysis
- Facilitates new store openings, remodels and any other applicable marketing events
- Up to 60% overnight travel (This person must reside in either Colorado or Wyoming)
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Quality Assurance, Industrial Engineering, Health & Safety Engineer, or Mathematics/Statistics preferred
- Six Sigma/Lean, Kaizan, Serve Safe preferred
- 3+ years of quality assurance management experience within the food & beverage, manufacturing or like industry preferred
- 1+ yours experience in food safety and sanitation practices preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including strong listening skills
- Demonstrates strong written & verbal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization
- Adapts to changed circumstances, tasks, responsibilities & people where needed to achieve optimum results
- Strong history of coaching other leaders to maximize their own performance
- Strong customer & personal service skills, including customer/employer needs assessment, evaluation of satisfaction and ensuring quality standards of service
Qualifications: Leadership Standards
- Treats others better than they expect to be treated
- Makes Maverik a great place to work by empowering your team while supporting Maverik’s purpose and plans
- Makes Maverik a great operator for our customers by solving problems when you see them and keeping your team on track
- Makes Maverik a great growth company by coaching your team to be tomorrow’s leaders and constantly looking for ways to do things better
Maverik was founded by Reuel Call in Afton, Wyo., in 1928, and has grown to over 315 stores in 12 states to become the largest independent convenience store chain in the Intermountain West. Maverik currently employs 5,000 Adventure Guides and has aggressive growth plans, including expansion into markets west of the Mississippi. As Adventure’s First Stop, Maverik lives up to its purpose to build the coolest convenience-experience on the planet.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.