Teacup Consulting LLC is a woman owned business which provides consulting services to for-profit and non-profit affordable housing developers. Teacup helps its clients acquires and rehabilitates existing underperforming multifamily real estate properties, construct new affordable housing properties, and manage their assets.
Courtney Horwitz is the Founder and Principal of Teacup Consulting LLC. She has over 15 years of experience in the housing industry. She worked at Omni New York LLC, an affordable housing real estate development company for over nine years where she worked with a team to manage the acquisition, secure the financing, and oversee the rehabilitation of over 3,400 units of housing with a total transaction size of over $650 million. During Courtney’s tenure as Vice President, she created and grew an asset management department and oversaw Omni’s energy efficiency initiatives. Prior to joining Omni, she worked at HR&A Advisors, Inc. a real estate consulting firm and TAG Associates, LLC a consulting firm that assists public housing authorities throughout the U.S. Courtney is currently on the Real Estate Advisory Counsel of The Fifth Avenue Committee. She is a former board member of Women in Housing Finance and she is the past treasurer of the board of Neighbors Helping Neighbors. She is an alumna of the Coro Leadership New York program. Courtney holds dual masters degrees in Public Policy and Urban & Regional Planning from the Woodrow Wilson School at Princeton University and a Bachelors of Arts degree from Tufts University. Courtney is a credentialed LEED Green Associate.
This role is for a candidate who is driven, eager to learn, entrepreneurial, can wear many hats, and has strong interpersonal skills. This person will not work in an established office, rather will work on client sites as well as from home.
This person will support, work with and learn under Courtney to:
· Put together development deals,
· Assist clients with financing from lenders/banks as well as government organizations,
· Work with HUD and New York City on real-estate development requirements,
· Spend time on-site with clients to execute on project needs,
· Manage effective communication with all stakeholders, and
· Maintain financial information in excel.
The candidate should have:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
· Knowledge or proficiency with excel, and
· Project management skills and sensibility to track and stay on top of new projects, as well as keep track and continue to oversee existing ones.
The position is full time and pay will be commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and coverletter to [email protected]
© Techie Jobs 2019. All rights reserved.