Gliffy is the world’s most widely used online diagramming platform and is committed to helping people communicate their best ideas visually.
We are seeking a Senior Platform Engineer to work on our microservice architecture common to multiple web applications. You will be joining a collaborative development team that participates in all aspects of scalable web development. From design prototype, to user testing and feedback, to implementation and polish, our engineers are involved to help ensure we build what is best for our customers. You will be developing significant portions of our web platform and will help guide its growth in the future. If you are looking for the excitement of a fresh startup environment with the stability and proven track record of a profitable company, we would love to speak with you!
What you’ll be doing…
- Give feedback on early designs to influence the experience of the application
- Prototype features that have been validated to ensure they are functionally sound
- Work with our QA team to increase our platform’s automated test coverage
- Mentor and learn from other engineers through pair programming, pull requests, and design reviews
- Evolve the platform architecture to meet the growing needs of the customers
- Refine and document feature requirements with the product team
- Collaborate with the other engineering teams to integrate the shared platform into multiple applications
- Support early adopters and customers to ensure they are customers for life
- Speak up proactively when there is something wrong, we can always improve
Basic experience necessary for success in this role…
- 3+ years building REST APIs
- Experience building scalable web applications
- Experience with microservice orchestration
- Experience working within a Scrum/Agile environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Eligible to work in the USA without Gliffy sponsorship
Bonus points for...
- Deep knowledge of EmberJS
- Experience working with Real-time Collaboration, SAML, SCIM, or OpenID
- Experience working with current AWS technologies, such as Lambda, EKS, or Fargate
- Production deployment with Docker
- Leadership in a previous role
High level 30-60-90 Day Plan…
- By day 30 you will have: Ramped up with the team and technologies. Produced documentation, tests and feature code that are at the core of the Gliffy Platform.
- By day 60 you will have: Participated in getting customer feedback. Refined workflows between services and applications. Collaborated on performance tuning. Prepared services for launch.
- By day 90 you will have: Established expertise and ownership of a section of the platform. Analyzed operational metrics to help improve our cloud architecture.
Benefits of working at Gliffy…
- Dynamics and opportunity of a startup with the financial upsides of a business that has already achieved product-market fit
- Great/unique company culture based around flexibility to work remotely up to 2 days a week.
- Competitive salary
- Shared ownership of the company
- 401K Match
- 2-week office closure during the holidays
- Full medical, dental, vision coverage along with additional perks
- Education and conference allowance
- Working on something that over 30,000 companies use
- Give support, get support: Build yourself up by building up others.
- Show some guts: Do the right thing, especially when it's scary.
- Find your balance: Do what it takes without letting it take it all out of you.
- Grit and bear it: Don't give up; success is not for the faint of heart.
- Be driven by your highest potential: Invite your best self to push past your boundaries.
- Heart our customers, our coworkers, & our fellow humans: We're not perfect but we have heart.
Learn more about Gliffy here: www.gliffy.com
Over 11 million people have signed up to use our SaaS application, along with notable customers like Oracle, Twitter, Pandora and Adobe. Gliffy is a cloud based diagramming software tool set used to create flow and organization charts, mind maps, Venn diagrams, database schemas, and any number of visual presentations. We're the rare startup that is actually funded by millions of customers who love us. We've bootstrapped our way to profitability. Gliffy is now focused on expanding and launching our product offerings into new directions, while maintaining the utmost satisfaction of our customers and employees. We’re deeply dedicated to our users and consistently receive high ratings from them.