Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Does change excite you? Do you want to be part of the team that redefines how we get work done? We are changing the way we build software and we want you to be part of it!
The customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering engineers with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of the business, which is why we need you.
We are seeking self-motivated engineers, who are obsessed with delivering value, are forward-thinking, and excited to see the successful implementation of the products they deliver.
As an Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, other engineers, and product owner to uncover pain points and opportunities to deliver new business value through software
- Prototype and build new functionality to deliver on key product objectives
- Design and deliver cloud-native services and data structures that enable an exceptional user experience
- Design, develop, test, deliver, maintain & improve business applications; apply creative problem solving to bring designs to life using cutting edge technologies & techniques
- Maintain and support these services, with accountability for production reliability and usage, and the delivery of new functionality
- Participate in ideation and brainstorming sessions to devise creative and disruptive digital solutions
- Promote agile principles and methodology, follow various engineering practices and approaches
You will bring and continuously build upon the following skills:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working within a rapidly changing startup environment; you love the challenge of working on a small team and being part of a larger movement to change the engineering culture of an enterprise
- Familiarity with agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features
- Experimenting with emerging technologies and understanding how they will impact what comes next
- A capacity for constant learning from both success and failure, remaining open to change and continuous improvement
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable you to manage through creative abrasion
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization
- Understanding of the fundamentals of capital markets or financial services in support of our service or product offerings (or are ready to learn by doing!)
Last year Manulife / John Hancock spent over $1 billion on technology.You will be working with:
- You will doing pair programming
- Open source! As we accelerate our delivery of world-class experiences, we know embracing open source technologies will help us get there. Any experience with open source is very attractive to us!