Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Does change excite you? Do you want to be part of the team that redefines how we get work done? We are changing the way we build software and we want you to be part of it!
The customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering engineers with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of the business, which is why we need you.
As a Back-End Engineer, you will be a key member of the Web & Mobile Development team working on various John Hancock web properties utilizing the Adobe Experience Manager platform. We are looking to quickly build out and evolve into a Center of Excellence for enterprise branding initiatives.
You will collaborate with Designers, Engineers, Product Owners, Content Authors and IT partners to iterate on design, development and implementation in support of our web-platform and initiatives.
If you are passionate about delivering value and excited to see the successful implementation of the products we deliver, we would like to hear from you!
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Develop clean, maintainable, readable code that is scalable and secure. Participate in pair programming, design and/or code reviews to ensure the same.
- Design and develops services, templates, components and workflows to deliver the desired functionality as communicated by the product owners and designers.
- Develop choices around service design to promote re-use with the flexibility needed for cross-site teams to create the functionality that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Resolve issues surrounding performance, response times, capacity and system limitations.
- Development and presentation of POCs/ prototypes to a large audience and key partners of Product as and when require
NICE TO HAVE/DEFINITE EDGE:
- J2EE development skills with a strong portfolio including enterprise web applications development and Rest services; up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques and technologies.
- Experience with application performance tuning, caching and CDNs (such as Akamai/Cloudfront)
- DevOps experience including use of tools such as GIThub, Maven and Jenkins preferred
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively; experience in building prototype; experiment with new technologies. Experience as a hands-on Solutions Architect strongly preferred.
- Willingness to work with team members; able to both coach and learn, participate in code reviews, share skills and methods
- Experience working in an Agile environment – Scrum or Kan Ban
- Constantly learns from both success and failure
- BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- AEM Developer and Architect Certifications
- Hands on experience with the Adobe AEM platform including the development of custom workflows, components, templates and OSGI bundles highly desired
- Knowledge of JCR (or other content repositories) and OSGI framework highly desirable
- Experience with Automated Testing and TDD a plus.
If you are ready to unleash your potential it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.