DAT Solutions, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time Product Owner to join the Product Management Team in Beaverton, Oregon.
The Product Owner will work as part of a team that will translate business needs and requirements into great products and services for our customers. This is an opportunity to work across mobile and web-based products for our extensive professional offerings. This individual must have excellent communication skills and the ability to successfully interact with UI/UX Designers, Product Managers, Software Developers, QA, and Scrum Masters on a daily basis. This role will drive a new DAT product initiative around a SaaS digital freight matching platform.
Product Owner Primary Responsibilities
- Capable of being a Product Owner for development of SaaS enterprise applications with a focus on guiding the teams by become extremely knowledgeable about the team's products in order to manage all stakeholder input, using this knowledge to effectively guide product decisions.
- Work closely with Product Line Managers and customers to fully understand and articulate customer needs, problems and processes to enable product definition.
- Based on product definition, work with UX and development to create epics and detailed user stories.
- Continuously maintain and groom product backlog to ensure user stories are well formed and include acceptance or success criteria. Split user stories which are too big and ensure that story points are entered and maintained for all stories. Ensure user stories are reflective of the technical design.
- Work with Product Managers to evaluate new feature enhancement requests based on market demand, ROI and customer impact.
- Serve as the primary interface of the business with the Scrum team and take ownership for ensuring backlog is maintained so each successive Sprint can be planned clearly and efficiently.
- Collaborate with the developers, technical leads, Scrum Master and QA staff during product development to determine product impacts, level of effort and requirements to solve customer needs.
- Work closely with counterparts in Product Management and internal stakeholders to align on the vision, program backlog, and roadmap.
- Communicate with management and outside stakeholders. Provide written and verbal reporting to internal and external stakeholders on project status, including progress against plan, issue tracking and risk mitigation.
- Work with other scrum teams to negotiate for critical path resources which may be shared by other teams.
Product Owner Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience working as a Business Analyst, Program Manager, Product Owner or equivalent work experience is required
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment is required
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence is required
- Experience with the Aha! roadmap visualization tool would be a plus
- Experience with the trucking ecosystem and software, such as Transportation Management Systems, would be highly beneficial
- Understanding of software design principles, tools and technologies
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and learning
- High productivity and effective time management
DAT operates the largest truckload freight marketplace in North America. Transportation brokers, carriers, news organizations and industry analysts rely on DAT for market trends and data insights derived from 141 million forecasted freight matches in 2017, and a database of $33 billion of market transactions.
DAT Solutions offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program. Participation is limited to regular full-time employees.
DAT Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We especially invite women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered at this time for this position.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department. DAT Solutions will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services and/or recruitment agencies.
For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company