We have been invited by a leading Systematic Trading firm based in Washington, DC to exclusively search for a VP Level Software Engineer.
About the company
The firm is a multi-strategy quantitative investment organization, that focuses exclusively on systematic investment strategies in futures and equities. It is driven by automated trading systems using C# (Desktop), Java, C++ and advanced analytics, such as AI & ML.
- Join an elite team of Computer Science, Mathematician entrepreneurs that are dedicated to building advanced platforms using AI & ML.
- Growing organization that has grown from managing 1.5 billion AUM to 6 billion AUM
- Great collaborative culture that is very family oriented (work-life balance)
- No previous Finance or Hedge Fund experience required
- Complete relocation package provided
Within this role your responsibilities will include; architecture design and development of various applications on an existing automated trading application that focuses on futures and equities markets. You will be a leader and take full ownership of development projects, mentor other engineers and strategize with the CTO on future development, requirements.
- Design, develop and deploy a highly visible, systematic equities/futures trading systems to serve our rapidly growing hedge fund in the managed futures space. The ideal candidate will be a role model and take ownership of key software initiatives.
- As a seasoned engineer with at least 6 years’ experience, you’ll have a deep knowledge of a modern OOP language and have developed multithreaded applications and distributed systems. You’ll work closely with the trading desk to model complex data structures, patterns and relationships to build well-architected low-latency algorithmic execution strategies.
- In this role, you will primarily be using FIX, C#, C++, however, the CTO is happy to speak with candidates who have experience with OOP Languages, such as C++, Java, or C#.
- 8-10 years of experience in design and development, documentation and testing of applications
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Experience with C#, Java, C++, or other modern object oriented language
- Strong aptitude for design patterns, object-oriented principals, complex algorithms and data structures
- Experience in developing multithreaded programs
- Experience with network programming, IP protocols, and message buses
- SQL Server or relational database design and development
- Experience in building distributed systems
- Experience in full lifecycle software development and agile development
- Experience in building and supporting highly available, mission-critical systematic equities/futures trading systems is desirable but not required
- Experience with S&P Capital IQ Compustat database and Bloomberg API is a big plus.
This is an exciting role for someone that is looking to join a growing company and is interested in utilizing cutting-edge technology in building advanced automated systems.
For a complete job description or a confidential discussion, please feel free to call Anthony directly on 917.602.7578 or email [email protected] Click "Apply Now"