Bilingual Cyber Security Teaching Assistant
High Tech Genesis
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Category: Other techies
High Tech Genesis is looking for a Bilingual Cyber Security Teaching Assistant who has background in Networking, IT Security, and Vulnerability Management. This is a golden opportunity to work closely with a professor and learn from the best. If you are passionate about teaching students who are driven by success, then this is the right role for you. Your responsibilities include:
- Will work in collaboration with the program professor.
- Be prepared to teach class in the case of instructor absence.
- Performs administrative duties in a timely manner; attendance, midterm and final grades entered as required and attends scheduled campus and College-wide faculty meetings.
- Report any student failures and progress reports and update course marks.
- Promptly contacts students who have missed classes and documents contact in the learning management system. Supporting students in lab and assignment completion.
- Knows and supports College catalogue and program-specific academic policies; complies with all academic and regulatory policies.
- Demonstrates continued professional development and maintains qualifications through ongoing education.
Required skills and experience: • Bilingual French and English is mandatory • Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Operator/Analyst, or related discipline • 2+ years’ industry experience as teaching assistant • Knowledge of Network Security, Cloud Security, Vulnerability Management and Assessments • Knowledge of scripting and automation with Bash, PowerShell and Python • Knowledge of Network and Security Protocols, TCP/IP, OSI Models, HTTP(S) • Proven experience in Networking, Windows 2012 and above, Linux, Cisco routers, switches, and Firewalls • Proven experience in Windows Active Directory, LDAP Network administration knowledge in DNS, VPN, Load Balancing, LAN, WAN, VLAN
Desirable skills: • Certifications in CompTIA Security +, CCNA Security, MS Windows Server 2012, Linux, or CYSA+ are highly desirable • Must have sensitivity and ability to successfully interact with diverse adult populations • Committed to quality and a thorough approach to the work • Knowledge of online Learning Management System (LMS) is considered an asset • Advanced oral and written communication skills, including presentation and group facilitation
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit). Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Note 3: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), HTG will provide accommodation accessible formats and communication supports for the interview process upon request. Note 4: Please submit an MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position. Note 5: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Share with friends
Techies Talent Network
Upload your resumes and connect with IT recruiters, setup personalized job alerts and receive professional tips to achieve your career goals, and even more. Join today!Join talent network