At Booking.com we combine the best traits of a start-up with the resources of planet Earth’s #1 accommodation website. We are working towards creating the ultimate travel experience, building and improving great products for both travelers and the accommodation partners.
As a people manager in the Booking.com Technology Department, you will be supporting and facilitating the work of a multidisciplinary development team. Besides that you are hands-on, you are technical and you understand that behind any technical decision there is a business need to be fulfilled.
You are passionate about developing and growing the people in your team, you lead by example and care about personal and team performance.
• Facilitate an agile development team (small team of 5-7 people)
• Identify and support growth of talents, provide feedback and look after people’s personal development
• Assess individual and team performance, recognize and promote excellent performance, and address underperformance
• Focus on supporting the business priorities, be pragmatic about technology choices
• Collaborate with the team and Product Owner to prioritize the projects
• Rapidly develop next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance client side code
• Solve issues with the site and internal systems, prioritizing based on customer impact
• Contribute to Booking.com’s growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
What are we looking for?
• Experience with managing development teams, with at least one year in a leadership role
• Excellent communication, collaboration, and influencing skills
• Independent, pragmatic and proactive work attitude
• Experience of working on products that impact a large customer base is an advantage
• Passionate learners who aren’t afraid of new tools and technologies to build a great end-to-end customer experience.
© Techie Jobs 2017. All rights reserved.