GPU Driver Engineer Manager
Palo Alto, CA (United States)
c++ c api
Apples GPU Software team provides the graphics software foundation for all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, and Watch. Our responsibilities encompass the frameworks, developer tools, and hardware drivers for the GPU and Display devices for all of Apples hardware.
Metal provides near-direct access to the graphics processing unit (GPU), enabling you to improve the graphics and compute potential of apps on macOS, iOS, and tvOS. Metal provides a low-overhead architecture with pre-compiled shaders, fine-grained resource control, and multithreading support. The announced versions of Metal 2, 3 and upcoming versions of Metal will bring many new innovations to push the graphics industry forward.
We are looking for an engineering manager to lead the team responsible for building Metal graphics drivers for Mac products, and collaborating with other driver and hardware groups to bring future versions of Metal to life. The ideal candidate would have previous technical leadership experience, GPU driver experience, and be willing to learn about new technologies.
- Lead and mentor a team of dedicated driver engineers.
- Lead Metal API driver feature development, reconcile diverse GPU architectures to bring-up new capabilities
- Innovate on new features that will be embraced within Apple by other teams and showcase to developers worldwide, driving Metal adoption.
- Handle challenging inbound executive escalations around product quality, including mission-critical stability and security issues.
- Understand and work closely with GPU compiler teams, user mode and kernel mode frameworks teams, and other cross-functional relationships at Apple.