Software Developer - Java/API
C4 Technical Services
St. Paul, MN (United States)
Agile Amazon AWS Apache Cloud DevOps Hadoop Java REST TDD
Software Developer - API
Contract: One Year
Tell us about your department:
eCommerce department consists of several teams supporting various customer experience aspects (e.g. browse, search, cart, checkout). This specific role will be part of the Contextual Commerce team.
The Contextual Commerce Team at is responsible for leveraging data and machine learning to create personalized shopping experiences for our customers on the website. This team leverages information from customers interactions and draws inferences to create a personalized experience tailored for individual customers.
This team builds and manages highly scalable and performant API’s and pipelines that are deployed to two different public cloud data centers. The team follows Agile methodology to manage delivery of application features.
Position Summary/Job Description:
In this role, you will be part of a high-performance engineering team that partners with various domain teams and data science technology team to deliver innovative solutions that improve customer experience in a meaningful way. You will partner with BSAs, Product Managers and Engineers to validate the system against the requirements. You will be expected to maintain the thoroughness needed to be able to rapidly deliver functionality with a dev-ops slant.
How much time will the resource spend pair programming?
What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
At least 8 years of experience for all the following
• Experience building highly scalable and performing web applications (candidate understands considerations for state, session management, caching, consistency, concurrency, threading, and inter-system dependencies)
• Highly proficient in industry current software development techniques (patterns, principles, and processes)
• Advanced expertise in developing REST web services using Groovy, Java, Jersey, and Spring.
• Candidate must be prepared to pair program in a TDD and Agile environment with senior level engineers.
• BS/MS in computer science or engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
• Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) products like Data Flow, CloudSQL, BigQuery, AI Platform, etc.
• Experience with Machine Learning libraries
• Proficient in Mac OS and/or IntelliJ for development
• Any level of experience with NoSQL data stores (Riak, Cassandra, etc.) and/or Splunk is a plus.
• Knowledge of and working experience with open source software (e.g. Apache, Tomcat, etc.).
• Experience performance testing and subsequent tuning of web services including caches, web servers and data stores.
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, Hadoop, etc.)
• DevOps infrastructure experience (chef, puppet, open stack)
C4 Technical Services <p></p> Address Richfield, MN USA View all jobs at C4 Technical Services Report Job