University of Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN (United States)
The University of Minnesota is seeking a data analyst who is passionate about making a positive difference in students' lives. As a member of our diverse Student Data and Analytics (SDA) team within Academic Support Resources (ASR), this position will support student data initiatives that foster student success and support data-informed decision-making. The successful candidate will come into this position with prior data, business, and/or systems process analysis experience, and will have a strong interest in continued professional development to ensure the SDA team’s success in supporting students across the University of Minnesota.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $85,000 DOQ
- Identify, analyze, measure, and interpret data using transactional and strategic reporting tools, and assist teammates and staff in interpreting complex resultsCollaborate with student-focused business analysts and functional users to ensure that business logic is appropriately represented in the analysis of dataWork with BI Developer and the Office of Information Technology to support complex data models and a robust semantic layer that produces easily understood data sets for functional users.Assist with dimensional data modeling for the data warehouse and relational design for internal ASR systems.
Production and Operations Support:
- Contribute as a subject matter expert in delivering improvements to the data and analytics strategy, processes, technical architecture, and design of subject areas and user interfaces.Ensure data and reports meet service expectations and are available for end-users.Assist in the rapid resolution of production issues.Work with the SDA team and the Office of Information Technology to create and publish canned reports based on business needs/requests.Create and execute test plans to ensure data transformations and reports reflect accurate business logic.
Essential (Required) Qualifications:
- Four years of work experience in the areas of data, business, or systems process analysis and a related BA/BS degree, or six years of work experience in the areas of business, data or systems process analysis and a non-related BA/BS degree, or comparable related education, training, and experience to equal eight years.Experience and skill in gathering, editing, evaluating, and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data. Experience with SQL.Experience working with large data sets from multiple sources. Experience writing documentation, workflows, and procedures to address system and user needs.
- Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) Experience with TableauExperience with dimensional modeling or data warehousingOver 2 years of experience at a university or college. Familiarity working in student services.Proficient customer service and public contact skills. Exceptional organizational and time management skills. Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills. Ability to communicate technology concepts effectively with technically proficient and non-technically proficient stakeholders. Ability to develop, train, and mentor peers.
**This position offers the following benefits:
- University paid contribution (10% of your salary) to your retirement account - vested immediately.22 paid vacation days per year, in addition to paid medical leave and 11 paid holidays.Reduced tuition opportunities covering 75% - 100% of eligible tuition.Excellent and affordable health care benefits.Wellness program with opportunity to earn lower health care rates.Free disability insurance.Free basic life insurance benefit (offered at 115% of base salary with a $200,000 maximum).
Company DescriptionThe University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
University of Minnesota <p>The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.</p> Address Minneapolis, MN USA Website https://employment.umn.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp View all jobs at University of Minnesota Report Job