Rotational Application Engineer
Detroit, MI (United States)
Rotational Application Engineer
Stabilus is a manufacturer and global market leader of hydro-pneumatic adjustment elements (gas springs), hydraulic vibration dampers, hydraulic door checks, and automatic opening and closing systems for doors, trunk lids, and tailgates. Approximately 6,500 employees manufacture to the highest quality and reliability standards in plants around the world. Our products enhance automobiles, furniture and machines to be safer and more comfortable.
Reporting to the Sterling Heights Engineering Team, you will be responsible for assisting in application development and support of Automotive Power Closure projects. This is a Rotational position where you will have the opportunity to work with a few different engineering roles to help develop your company knowledge, skills and experience.
Your primary goals are to meet customer requirements and achieve the market share and profitability objectives in the appointed customer base, specifically:
· Develop application and product solutions in support of new business growth, specifically with linear spindle drives.
· Technically represent Stabilus with responsibility to ensure application development deliverables meet or exceed customer and internal requirements.
· Plan and execute application development milestones.
· Supply technical APQP deliverables according to customer and internal timing requirements.
· Develop application and product solutions to minimize product cost and maximize profitability.
· Adhere to the TS16949:2002 guidelines in developing and meeting customer deliverable requirements.
· Resolve technical problems with solutions which address root cause and prevention of re-occurrence.
· Provide launch and manufacturing support to customer assembly facilities.
· BS in Mechanical Engineering.
· 0-3 years’ experience in product or application engineering.
· Prior Experience with automotive closure mechanisms, linear actuators and or gas springs preferred.
· Experience at an Automotive Tier I is preferred.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
· Capability with standard engineering disciplines such as DVP&R, DFMEA and APQP.
· Strong academic engineering knowledge especially in the areas of statics, dynamics and thermodynamics.
· German and/or Spanish Language Skills are a plus.Company DescriptionWith a comprehensive application spectrum, a broad and unique product offer and decades of experience we are the world market leader for gas springs and dampers. Stabilus has been a pioneer and market leader with the state of the art technology in the segment. Stabilus has a global footprint and a broad range of vibration, motion and noise control products.
Stabilus <p>With a comprehensive application spectrum, a broad and unique product offer and decades of experience we are the world market leader for gas springs and dampers. Stabilus has been a pioneer and market leader with the state of the art technology in the segment. Stabilus has a global footprint and a broad range of vibration, motion and noise control products.</p> Address <p>36225 Mound Road</p> Sterling Heights, MI 48310 USA Website http://www.stabilus.com/ View all jobs at Stabilus Report Job