UI Developer (W2 Only)
Detroit, MI (United States)
UI Developer – CCMS
5 positions total
About the CCMS Team:
At Connected Consumer Mobility Solutions (CCMS), we don’t design the transportation. We design the transportation experience. CCMS employees develop the technology enabling a new generation of connected vehicles. This technology is a key enabler to things like smarter car-sharing programs, more advanced active safety, and even autonomous driving. These capabilities exist through the largest implementation of 4G LTE in the automotive industry and a vehicle wired to collect thousands of data elements. Our environment requires an architecture that can support over 900,000 vehicle transactions per hour with sub-second response times. 4G LTE capability has been described as an "untapped, under-appreciated opportunity" valued at $350M in improved 2018 profits. The innovation our teams are driving is game-changing to the consumer, to the industry, and to the company.
About the Role
The UI Developer role will involve close interaction with the Systems Architect, Development Team Leaders, business team members, and other members of the development team and will demand a high level of design and coding to implement and deliver enhancements. There will be ample opportunities to quickly expand on your technical experience, with plenty of business exposure. This role requires a strong foundation in jQuery, Angular 2+ experience. The UI Systems Developers will provide leadership and technical expertise to enable multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data, and infrastructure designs. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and a desire to have exposure to and learn more about the Global Connected Consumer.
· Must have 4+ years relevant experience in the business environment of software development experience in Java services – Strong Core Java skills and JEE Business Solutions - Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in frontend and backend work.
· Profound knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
· Experience with React Native (or native iOS or Android codebases)
· Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
· Development on high-performance multi-tiered architectures (in Java)
· Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that applications will adhere to them.
· High level of experience with UI layouts, SASS, LESS, Bootstrap, and the CSS GRID system
· Solid experience in using a complex REST API from the client-side.
· TDD experience and an evangelist for testing frameworks
· Practiced in front-end QA testing and testing automation (cypress.io)
· Solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues, and ways to work around them.
· Good knowledge and practical experience of client-side build/config management
· Good knowledge and practical experience of testing tools like Webpack, Jasmine, Karma, etc.
· Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial, or SVN
· 3+ years’ experience with monitoring tools and event processing from incident alerts from monitoring tools. SiteScope and HP Enterprise Operations Bridge Manager is a plus.
· Experience with both real-time and batch systems
· Experience with distributed technologies such as Oracle Coherence
· Experience with Performance Tuning
· Working knowledge with CI/CD Technologies / Best Practices (Artifactory, Black Duck, Chef, CARA, SonarQube, and Jenkins, Build pipelines, GitFlow, etc.)
· Experience with Groovy, Kubernetes, or Docker containers is a plus.
· Experience in the node/npm/yarn eco-system for development and deployment
· Deep knowledge of build systems (webpack, Parcel, grunt, gulp, etc.)
· Experience with Agile teams that have regularly delivered software while practicing code review.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs, and solutions.
· Creative problem-solving skills that deliver elegant solutions to complex issues
· Must have a minimum of a 4-year college degree from an Accredited Institution - preferably in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, Data Analytics or Statistics or equivalent experience.
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: 10+ month contract
11750Company DescriptionSearch Current Career Opportunities: http://w.ektello.com/search-jobs
ektello <p>Search Current Career Opportunities: http://w.ektello.com/search-jobs</p> Address Detroit, MI USA Website http://www.ektello.com View all jobs at ektello Report Job