Application Systems Analyst/Programmer - Level 3
novalink Solutions llc
Hartford, CT (United States)
DevOps SharePoint SQL
2. PROJECT/SYSTEM/PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The Department of Children and Families depends on the core mission-critical Federally-reimbursed SACWIS (Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information System). The application is used by a large majority of roughly 3,400 employees including over 1,100 front line social workers and case managers, the application has been enhanced and modified continually to meet data capture and process functionality requirements driven by good child welfare case practice as well as State and Federal legislation and statute. Additionally, SACWIS continues to experience change chiefly in compliance with the 1991 Juan F. Consent Decree as well as the agency’s ongoing goal of improving the safety, permanency and well-being of children in care. The agency is also undergoing an effort to replace its SACWIS system with a new CCWIS system working in collaboration with our federal and state partners.
Concurrently, the agency implemented a multi-faceted, agency-wide outcome measure improvement plan that specifically addresses each of the twenty-two (22) outcomes targeted for improvement driven by the original Consent Decree. A number of initiatives that comprise this improvement plan require the support of information technology.
DCF Information Systems provides technology expertise and services as well as an information systems infrastructure to the agency and its roughly 3,400 employees. DCF Information Systems strives to improve continually improving technology services that are cost-effective and of the highest effectiveness and quality. DCF Information Systems is currently in the process of replacing its current SACWIS and engaged in a large three year project to redefine, redesign and modernize its systems and practices.
SCOPE OF WORK
The agency needs the service of a mid-career level Microsoft Access Administrator support developer to work in the Application Support Team responsible for supporting the agencies access applications. The candidate will serve in the capacity of a MS Access Administrator/Support Developer and will be the primary resource responsible for supporting and maintaining approximately 40 workgroup MS Access applications. Additionally this position is responsible for working to convert Access applications to other technologies such as SharePoint lists, Power Apps, and Access Data Projects using MS SQL back-end data.
SPECIFIC SERVICES REQUIRED:
In this role, the following services are required:
- Maintain, manage, and support MS Access applications.
- Determine MS Access applications that can be converted to other technologies such as SharePoint, PowerApps, MS Dynamics, or MS SQL server backend access applications.
- For applications that are determined to be candidates for conversion to other technologies, the selected candidate will work with other Application Support team members, business owners, and other technical resources as appropriate to lead these conversion initiatives.
- Maintain and support any PowerApps deployed to the agencies' O365 tenant as part of a recommended conversion.
- Create and maintain documentation on all supported access applications to include overview of the supported business processes.
- Participate as appropriate in meetings and working sessions to transfer knowledge of MS Access applications to the development teams if conversion to MS Dynamics is deemed appropriate by Agency and/or IT leadership.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Refer to the State contracts for IT Professional Services Agreement (14PSX0338) for experience and skill requirements for the job classification of Software Engineer to fill the role. In addition, the agency requires the following.
For this position, the candidate shares experience and judgment with team to plan and accomplish goals and works as part of an Application Support team. A moderate degree of creativity and latitude is expected. In addition, the agency requires:
At least 7 or more years of prior experience demonstrating the following knowledge and skills:
- In depth expertise with Microsoft Access 2016 and newer to include O365 version of MS Access.
- In depth expertise with Microsoft Visual Basic and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- In depth expertise supporting MS Access applications with both MS SQL server data sources as well as MS Access data sources.
- In depth expertise working in DevOps role as part of a DevOps team.
- Working knowledge of MS PowerApps and an understanding of the functionalities that can be used tor replace MS Access applications with PowerApps.
Additional experience with the following is preferred:
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server
- Working knowledge of MS SharePoint Server 2016 on-premise implement
- Working knowledge of SharePoint in an O365 tenant
Microsoft SQL Server
novalink Solutions llc <p></p> Address Hartford, CT USA View all jobs at novalink Solutions llc Report Job