BI Engineer (Back-end)
San Jose, CA (United States)
Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for all American Corporations. We are currently seeking a BI Engineer (Back-end) for our client in the Software domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 12 Months Contract (could extend to 18 months or potentially convert to FTE)
Location: San Jose, CA
Role: BI Engineer (Back-end)
Primary Skills: DB2
Role Description: The BI Engineer (Back-end) must have at least 7+ years of experience.
Key Skills Desired:
- Database skills for sure – must be strong
- Technologies – Postgres database should be really strong
- PL/SQL development
- Performance optimizations
- Needs to know how to design a DataMart
- Performance of DataMart – ensure it runs efficiently
- Good eye for data quality
- In the past if worked with a BI team, where you developed a Datamart where you supported reporting/dashboarding
- How to use NetSuite – that would be helpful – for data visualization.The data fetched comes from Salesforce and NetSuite
- Contractual data/license management data – good to have if you know this will help you ramp up faster
- Coming from a subscription-based model company would be a plus. If you know Informatica you could do this role more easily but, it is not a hard requirement
- Must be result-oriented, self-starter and self-motivated who can manage multiple time-sensitive assignments.
- Should be able to analyze current business usage of NetSuite and Salesforce reports, as well as excel file logic, to derive and consolidate business analytics requirements.
- Should be able to collaborate with business and BI teams to understand/document the requirements, research and analyze the data and convert functional requirements to technical solutions.
- Should be able to participate in the development of Business Intelligence solutions to meet the needs of the Finance/Accounting organization.
- Should possess/demonstrate critical attention to detail and must be able to demonstrate expertise in SQL development and optimization.
- Should be able to re-engineer existing solutions to scalable solutions.
- Understanding of accounting concepts and principles, as well as previous roles in a Customer Success organization.
- 7-10+ years of experience as a data warehouse and strong database development skills using PL/SQL.
- 7-10+ years of experience in building Data Warehouse and Data Mart solutions.
- 3+ years of experience in scripting using Shell, Python.
- 3+ years of experience in SQL performance tuning and optimization techniques.
- Domain knowledge in Contract Renewal or Licenses, Customer Support, Finance, is preferred.
- Experience building end-user Dashboards in Tableau.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 7+ years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Note: Must be able to work on a W2 basis
Recruiter Name: Mehmood Alam
Recruiter Phone: 877-884-8834 (Ext: 2312)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mastech <p></p> Address San Jose, CA USA View all jobs at Mastech Report Job