Business Objects Developer
IO Datasphere, Inc.
Madison, WI (United States)
Our client is looking for a Business Objects Developer to provide advanced Business Objects universe design and report development expertise for their divisional customers. An advanced skill set in Business Objects universe design and report development is required. This individual will follow standards to design, develop, test and implement reports and documentation. The selected contractor is required to show proof of experience in designing and implementing Business Objects universes and reports.
· Be responsible for development and support of enterprise level applications using Business Objects.
· Work with enterprise wide business and IT senior management to understand reporting and data analysis needs. Work with customers gathering requirements for reports and dashboards. Have extensive experience working with WebI Business Objects tool.
· Be principally responsible for designing Business Objects universe layer for business intelligence solutions. Optimize the performance of Business Objects applications.
· Have mastery level understanding of Business Objects security administration.
· Have expert level knowledge of Business Objects universe configuration (parameter settings, etc.) and universe design aspects (loops, contexts, aliases, cardinality, etc.)
· Work interactively with both technical and non-technical staff to build Business Objects universe layer that adheres to underlying data model and effectively delivers data to end users.
· Have extensive experience in working within a Business Intelligence environment and knowledge of data warehouse dimension database design
· Stay abreast of releases / patches for Business Objects. Act as Business Objects subject matter expert for fellow technologists as well as end users.
Note: Phone & Web Based interviews acceptable for interviews prior to final interview. An in-person interview may be required before a final hire is made
Note: In coordination with the “Safer At Home” guidelines, contracted staff will work with their manger to access work remotely as needed temporarily. However, contract staff may be required to return to the home office for regular business hours as restrictions allow.
5 years in the following:
· Experience developing and administrating enterprise conceptual logical and physical data models
· Data warehousing and data mining
· Data model design concepts
· Business Objects – Universe development, Webi development
4 years in the following:
· Upgrading Business Objects Enterprise
· Best practice security processes and procedures
3 years in the following:
· Administration – developing and designing user training
· Developing architecture standards
· Data warehouse requirements gathering
· Oracle SQL
· Develop test plans and procedures
Skills Desired – A plus to have:
4 years of Xcelsius and/or Dashboard 4 experience
IO Datasphere, Inc. Why Work Here? Great team of people who will work for you. <p>IO Datasphere, Inc. is a leading provider of management and technical consulting services delivering results-oriented solutions focused on your specific needs and business requirements.</p> Address Madison, WI USA Website http://www.iodatasphere.com View all jobs at IO Datasphere, Inc. Report Job