Zalon is the successful story of curating and delivering complete outfits for our customers. For that our platform connects customers with fashion experts. Being part of Europe’s Leading Technology Fashion Platform, we live and breathe excellent software engineering.
You will work in a small cross-functional team, with great Autonomy and Purpose in close cooperation with backend developers, UX, UI, Product Specialists and business stakeholders. The teams are constantly iterating to improve customer experience, optimize our numbers or extend our fashion experts’ tooling. The teams work with full end-to-end responsibility on solving the challenges at hand - starting with ideating over prototyping and user testing to bringing features live and checking their performance.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Technologies. You are experienced with a modern frontend stack including React, Redux, Webpack, ES6, LESS, HTML 5 . Universal / isomorphic rendering. A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in an Agile setting.
Full-Stack. You bring some Node.JS skills that help you to build full stack applications. Java or any JVM is a big plus
DevOps. You have basic understanding of AWS and CI/CD and are not afraid of deploying and operating your application.
Code Quality. You are familiar with writing well tested and reusable code
Feature Development. In delivering bug free and fully functional features and products that are well tested and based on user requirements.
Knowledge Exchange. In contributing to our growing frontend community and becoming part of our internal Web Guild.
Bonus Points. If you a good eye for design and knowledge of UX principles
- English language fluency.
- You design, develop, deploy, operate and improve important software solutions, that your peers praise for its elegance and code readability.
- You will be accountable for all aspects of your work as you and your team will own your code, and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS).
- You will be part of a team where Continuous Integration, Code Quality, Code Reviews, Test Coverage, etc. are kept at very high standards, therefore you should also be positive and firm in your attitude towards them.
- You and your team will work like a startup and take ownership for the whole development cycle - from ideation over design to implementation and maintenance.
- This will require you to be ambitious, in delivering products that re-define the customer experience and making bold decisions about the means and tools of delivery and operation.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Tech culture of trust and empowerment, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, +100 internal technical and fun guilds, tech talks, product demos, Coderdojos, Hack weeks, parties and events.
- Competitive salary, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals, free drinks and fruits, hardware of your choice.
- Tour of Mastery, extensive onboarding, personal branding support, opportunity to attend and speak at related Conferences and Meetups, and encouragement to publish your work.
- Work Environment. Self-organized, autonomous teams and flexible working hours. Zalon is a 2.5-year-old start-up backed up by Zalando SE, therefore you can expect that your work will have immediate impact and you will participate in developing significant improvements.
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!