Temporary position through May 2021, or longer.
As a full stack software development engineer on the team, you will be responsible for designing, developing and testing of core applications. You will have influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, provide development insights, and apply best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrated track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services and will flourish in an environment where new opportunities and challenges arise frequently. We seek a great team player who will naturally elevate the performance of the people around them. High collaboration with Product and Design are imperative. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues and customers will make you successful in this role.
· Design, develop and test world-class, secure software and services
· Develop tools and processes to enable best-in-class operations for our service
· Work with other engineers on the team to build the technical strategy and architecture for a broad area
· BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· 4+ years of experience building production software systems
· Experience developing cloud software services such as AWS
· Experienced in implementing Node.JS services (REST APIs), and DynamoDB
· Responsible for web page layout implementation in HTML, CSS and related front-end UI behavior
· Knowledge of MS SQL Server
· Candidate should have active experience in using CI/CD tools like Azure DevOps, Jenkins, stash, Splunk
· Microservices development and best practices
· OO design/development experience
· Test Driven Development experience
· Familiarity with Enterprise technology tools: Service Bus, Caching, SQL ecosystem, NoSQL, Multithread, Performance Optimization
· Rigorous focus on security at all levels of the application, a "shift left" mentality
· Experience with React UI design tool kits such as: Ant Design, Material UI, Semantic UI React
· Passion for designing and writing comprehensive unit tests using JS testing frameworks such as Jest, Enzyme, Mocha, Chai
· Experience working with module loading/bundling tools such as webpack
· Experience working with module package management tools such as NPM or yarn
· Experience with Content Management Tools
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· Breaking Monolithic applications into Microservices a plus
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Familiarity in Financial and Insurance industry is a plus
· Experience working with GraphQL a plus
Company DescriptionThe Jacobson Group is the leading provider of insurance talent. For 45 years, we have been connecting insurance organizations with professionals from the board room to the back room on both a permanent and temporary basis. We offer a variety of solutions including executive search, professional recruiting, RPO, temporary staffing, subject matter experts, and onsite and work-at-home operations support. Regardless of the need or situation, Jacobson is the insurance talent solution.