THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION - Remote on supplied equipment. Contractor will supply dependable internet connection.
***This position will be remote for the duration of the engagement. The manager will mail the equipment to the candidate.
We are hiring for a seasoned contract Java Applications Developer to work with key stakeholders and contributors to migrate written application from iPlanet to IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS) 8.5.5. The assignment will be up to 6 months in duration.
The Java Applications Developer will have the following primary responsibilities:
• Work with DOR resources, key stakeholders, and contributors to identify and plan the scope of work associated with moving iPlanet application to IBM Websphere Application Server (WAS) 8.5.5.
• This includes migrating from iPlanet application to IBM Websphere Application Server (WAS) 8.5.5, migrate JBuilder 2006 and Netbean to Eclipse, uplifting Java 1.5 to 1.8, and remove Java Coherence.
• Develop an project schedule for the total scope of work.
• Communicate project information, issues, or status to the organization through various methods including written reports and presentations.
• Ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
In performing these responsibilities, the developer is expected to apply application programming best practices.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Requirements
A. Basic requirements:
1. Demonstrated in-depth analytical skills and ability to develop and configure software applications and tools to solve complex problems
2. Demonstrated in-depth experience with Java versions 1.5 and 1.8, Java Frameworks, IBM WAS 8.5.5, J2EE, JSP, JSF, and Eclipse.
3. Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to gather requirements and develop/configure software applications and tools to solve complex problems involving multithreaded, real time systems.
4. Ability to make determinations based on facts, identify problems, report potential problems, and assess options proactively.
5. Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle methodologies and the tools and techniques used in all phases.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective, positive, and productive working relationships with peers, superiors, subordinates, and customers Knowledge of best practices for secure applications development.
7. Ability to understand customer needs, including the level of urgency, and translate them into appropriate automated solutions.
8. Seven+ years of Java experience, Five+ years WebSphere experience with emphasis on online applications
9. Skills in facilitation, problem solving, and conflict management.
10. Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate across functional areas.
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Java versions 1.5 and 1.8 / Required 7 Years
IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS) / Required 5 Years
Eclipse / Required 3 Years
Java Server Faces (JSF) / Required 1 Years