As an Applied Research Scientist, you'll play a key role in developing novel techniques and solutions in applications of deep learning to contribute in building and improving AI models in Apple products. As a team, we are working to define and solve the hardest problems in machine learning, computer vision, NLP, and speech recognition. Our roots are in research, which means at our core, we value learning, intellectual curiosity, and exploration. Within Apple's, the Machine Intelligence team is actively solving some of the most difficult problems in the world pertaining to AI/ML. This means our work needs to be, not only innovative and precise, but also fast, highly reliable, and seamless across a variety of platforms and devices.
As an Applied Research Scientist on this team, you will use your background to:
- Understand the current state-of-the-art solutions
- Research on the novel solutions for AI problems in Apple.
- Publish papers in top-tier venues in ML/CV/NLP/Speech.
- Prototype novel solutions and deliver comprehensive evaluations
- Design machine learning models for a wide range of AI applications including computer vision, NLP, speech recognition
- Train ML models to achieve state-of-the-art accuracy
- Design and train efficient ML model for the purpose of deployment on device
- Collaborate with other engineers to enable Apple products with efficient and accurate ML solutions