Title: Cognos BI Developer
Type: Long term Contract (6-month extensions)
Location/Interview: Atlanta, GA 30318
Interview by Video or In Person
Seeking a business intelligence developer to help support an environment using Cognos & other IBM products and to design, build & deliver BI solutions using Cognos Analytics 11. The developer will help track down and improve or eliminate bottlenecks in the BI reporting & ETL environment.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Other BI developers and analysts, project managers database administrators, customers and department management.
- Interpret user needs and design report format consistent with those needs.
- Identify and search databases and other sources as necessary to collect data required to produce reports.
- Organize source data in manner that facilitates data analysis and report production.
- Perform data analysis and produce reports.
- Confer with users regarding data needs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Support a business intelligence environment using Cognos & other IBM products
- Troubleshooting of report issues and performance issues that are critical
- Work with DBAs, report authors and system administrators to track down and improve or eliminate
bottlenecks in the BI reporting & ETL environment
- To design, build & deliver BI solutions using Cognos Analytics 11.x
- Provide technical support to Cognos power users.
Specialized skills required for this job:
- 2+ years of Cognos Report development experience
- 1 year with the latest version Cognos Analytics 11.x
- 2-3 years of experience with Framework Manager.
- Proficient with writing Oracle SQLs.
- Troubleshooting of report issues and performance issues.
- Experience with building Dashboards and familiar with other BI tools like Tableau, Power BI.
-3 years experience w/ C++
-3 years experience w/Java
-2 years experience w/JavaCompany DescriptionWe are one of the few staffing agencies trying to make a difference in the staffing industry by disclosing as many of the details regarding our open positions upfront.