As the Software Engineering Team Lead, you will be responsible for supporting and contributing to the architecture, and design, as well as leading the development, and launch of new cloud-native application. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
We're interested in talking to you if you're passionate about new opportunities and you have a demonstrated track record of success in delivering new features and products. You love coding and find yourself keeping up with the latest technology trends. You tinker, explore and regularly read to stay in touch with the development community and are passionate about discovering ways to improve quality, reusability, extensibility and consistency. You are multi-faceted with a great mix of technical and interpersonal skills, which enables you to succeed in highly collaborative and agile work environments.
· Design & develop world-class, secure software and services
· Build hands-on experience with the latest web, mobile and cloud technologies
· Work on solution-based, outcome-oriented projects with a highly skilled team
· Work in a fast-paced, agile product environment with small, focused teams
· Develop tools & processes to enable best-in-class operations for our service
· Mentor & grow engineers across the team, leading by example and insisting on high standards
· 5 + years of experience building production software systems
· Experience with RESTful web services
· Fluency with multi-platform software utilizing various programming environments and tools
· Passionate about crafting and delivering high quality products that meets customer needs
· Invested in ongoing learning and improving technical expertise
· Knowledge of QA processes and test-driven development
· Rigorous focus on security at all levels of the application, a "shift left" mentality
· Familiarity with building cloud-native applications (AWS / Azure / GCP)
· Experience with common AWS services such as API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, S3, Cloudwatch, etc.
· Familiar with relational (SQL) and non-relational (document, key-value, column, graph) databases
· Mentored and developed fellow engineers
· Strong knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Company DescriptionThe Jacobson Group is the leading provider of insurance talent. For 45 years, we have been connecting insurance organizations with professionals from the board room to the back room on both a permanent and temporary basis. We offer a variety of solutions including executive search, professional recruiting, RPO, temporary staffing, subject matter experts, and onsite and work-at-home operations support. Regardless of the need or situation, Jacobson is the insurance talent solution.