Job Title: Java Architect /Solutions Architect
Location: Herndon, VA
Job Type- 12+ month contract role
AgreeYa is a global Systems Integrator and is seeking a Java Architect /Solutions Architect is to provide solutions architecture oversight for new development projects according to timelines and budget, while following accepted programming, testing and change control standards, and accepted business intelligence technology best practices. Java Architect /Solutions Architect is responsible for..
The main function of a Java Architect /Solutions Architect is to provide solutions architecture oversight for new development projects according to timelines and budget, while following accepted programming, testing and change control standards, and accepted business intelligence technology best practices.
Company DescriptionAgreeYa is a global systems integrator delivering competitive advantage for its customers through software, solutions, and services. Established in 1999, AgreeYa is headquartered in Folsom, California, with a global footprint and a team of more than 1,850 staff across offices. AgreeYa works with 500+ organizations ranging from Fortune 100 firms to small and large businesses across industries such as Telecom, Banking, Financial Services & Insurance, Healthcare, Utility & Energy, Technology, Public sector, Pharma & Biotech, and others. Please visit us at www.agreeya.com for more information.
Independently gathers and analyzes information for developing and modifying information processing systems in accordance with US Government Client requirements. Leads, analyzes, designs and implements technical solutions per defined requirements. Prepares the architectural plan for the integration of these systems into the larger technical environment. Interfaces with client stakeholders to define requirements for new/upgraded systems, and creates design specifications/documentation for the developers. Coordinates application configuration, deployment and testing activities. May manage work assignments across a team of developers. Performs all functional duties independently. Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s). Oversees the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
Domicile: Must be a local candidate, and have the ability to commute to Washington, DC (L'Enfant Plaza) to attend meetings.
• SME-level knowledge of data structures and computing algorithms; and
• Able to troubleshoot application & environment related problems.
• Knowledge of/experience with the following:
•• Agile methodologies/development;
•• Application Lifecycle Management (ALM); and
•• Automated testing products/techniques.
• Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program;
• Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job;
• Demonstrated ability to mentor less experienced personnel in object-oriented development;
• Extensive experience with requirements definition, specification creation, and preparation of conceptual, logical and physical design documentation using case models, class models, component models, and physical models;
• Extensive experience with full life-cycle software applications development (i.e., design, construction, testing, and implementation)
• Demonstrated client interaction skills and ability to work in a team environment, on-site in a client facility
• Demonstrated ability to manage work assignments across a team of developers;
• Able to obtain Postal clearance; and
• Excellent communication skills.
• Nice to have: Solution development and architecture experience in Azure / Google and knowledge of AWS.
• Application Object Architect • Data/Object Modeling, Methods, Classes, Inheritance, Polymorphism, re-use concepts, frameworks • Enterprise Java Beans • Object-C, Smalltalk, Delphi, OpenStep, WebObjects, Informatica, Platinum, Nomad, WebSphere & Siebel