Position: Android developer
Location: San Jose, Ca
Duration: 4+ months
Job Duties and Skills:
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans - Executes Mobile Engineering projects - Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium size Mobile Engineering projects
-Participates in peer code reviews and team development
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides mobile engineering support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues for mobile devices Minimum Education and Experience required: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years of experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
Minimum Skills required:
- Experience with mobile software development using Java.
- Experience using distributed source code version control systems (Git/Github)
- Experience with the agile methodology Scrum
- Experience with development of mobile network clients using HTTP protocol, REST APIs and Google Cloud Messaging - Experience with Google Play APIs : Maps, Location, and Cloud Messaging - Experience with software debugging techniques (debuggers, loggers, crash report tools)
- Experience with analysis of memory issues such as memory leaks using memory analyzers tools (DDMS, MAT)
- Experience with embedded real time systems with limited resources (memory and processing)
- Experience with Android software development
- Experience in design patterns, MVC, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in unit and integration testing Android code.
- Published Android application is required.
Large Scale Project:
3. Microservices- not responsible for building it, but interact with it
4. Needs to be familiar with backend work
5. Strong in mobile and unit/functional UI testing
6. Very serious about scrum way of working, each team is in charge of the HOW