Software Development Engineer in Test
Contract (6 months)
San Jose, CA
Client is a venture-backed Silicon Valley startup in San Jose, CA that revolutionizes the way work is done in large warehouses and distribution centers with innovative robotic solutions. Client is currently seeking a hands on Software Development Engineer to join their Quality Engineering team!
Job Description: As a Software/Hardware Development Engineer in Test in the Engineering Services team at Client, you will work on a variety of development, hardware/software integration, and testing infrastructure projects. Your primary responsibility will be to help design and write test frameworks and tools to validate our robots. You'll be writing code that automatically verifies and validates the quality of our products. Some of the SDET's responsibilities will include implementation of production code used at contract manufacturing sites to test components and robots prior to shipping to customers, improvements and maintenance of system integration testing tools, and technical review and planning for new features and products. A successful SDET will need to be hands on with robot hardware and be eager to learn about all parts of the systems of client. An SDET must have very strong programming and system level testing skills. This position will play a vital role in client's ability to successfully deliver high quality robotic solutions to customers around the world.
1. Be a technical contributor to projects from the ideation phase to the delivery of a commercial product
2. Work cross functionally with software, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering teams to develop and deliver functional, robust, and stable commercial products
3. Implement test procedures to ensure proper functionality of Client products prior to shipping to customers
4. Automate existing manual test procedures with a focus on quality, repeatability, and data driven results
Must Have Qualifications
1. At least 5 years of experience in software development and/or test automation
2. At least 3 years of experience as a technical lead or hands-on manager
3. B.S in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
4. Excellent Python programming skills
5. Experience with Linux