W2 ONLY- No Corp to Corp.
Do you want to work for the government?
Let us use our contacts to get your foot in the door!
Global Service Resources is looking for a Senior PowerBuilder Application Developer r with experience in developing, troubleshooting, and maintaining solutions using Appeon PowerBuilder 2019, SQL Server 2016 and Oracle 11g for the CA Secretary of State's Office.
Contract: Estimated to be from February 2021 through June 30, 2022.
Pay Rate: Negotiable. Competitive. Open to matching other agency offers.
Location: 1500 11th Street, Sacramento CA 95814
All work performed by the Consultant shall conform to the current SOS environment:
Desktop Workstations-Windows 10.
LAN Servers- Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 (two-node clustered environment).
Network Protocols- TCP/IP.
Application Development- Appeon PowerBuilder 2019 .NET 4.0 with C#, Visual Basic 6.0 or higher Crystal Reports 8.5 or higher.
Database- Oracle 11g SQL Server 2016
This Statement of Work identifies general activities as defined below:
1. Maintain and support the application environment at the SOS.
2. Define and document business requirements for existing applications as assigned.
3. Develop and test new modules for existing applications as assigned.
4. Participate in code walkthroughs to ensure the program meets the business
requirements and follows the coding standards.
5. Provide documentation to support the applications.
6. Participation in team meetings led by SOS Contract Manager.
7. Maintain change control.
8. Develop and execute comprehensive test plans.
9. Perform complete regression testing.
10.Analyze and resolve functional and operational problems identified by the end users
1) A minimum of three (3) years’ experience developing Windows-based applications using Power Builder 12.5 and Appeon PowerBuilder
2) A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with relational databases Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle 11g
Desirable Skills and Experience:
1) Knowledge and experience in migrating Oracle databases to SQL Server to be used as the data store for the PowerBuilder application
2) Familiarity with the business processes of the Notary Public commission, Domestic Partner registry, and Campaign and Lobbying registration and disclosure for the Secretary of State’s office
3) Ability to work independently with general direction
4) Good oral and written communications skills
5) Strong analytical skills
6) Superior troubleshooting skills on server and application layers
**The STATE OF CALIFORNIA HAS A VERY RIGOROUS INTERVIEW/HIRING/ON-BOARDING PROCESS DUE TO THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF THE POSITION. PLEASE NOTE THAT PHONE INTERVIEWS, IN-PERSON INTERVIEWS AND BACKGROUND CHECKS MAY TAKE 3 TO 9 WEEKS ALTOGETHER***
Note: You will not receive the same benefits as a direct state employee. You will be eligible for Health+Vision+Dental Insurance at a Discounted Rate and 3 paid Sick Days after 90 days of employment.
Contact us ASAP so we can submit you and get the ball rolling on this great opportunity!
Leslie Delos Reyesbr>
Company DescriptionGlobal Service Resources is a national recruiting agency for IT professionals and Healthcare professionals throughout the continental United States. We specialize in government and private short term, per diem, and long term contracts.