About the job
You will be joining the Platform Tribe at HelloTech. Platform forms a stable and fresh environment for our talented teams of developers to thrive. As well as building a great foundation, Platform is also responsible for spreading their knowledge throughout the other tribes, they make sure everyone is taking advantage of the easy to use infrastructure, and applying the best practices when it comes to Continuous Delivery, Containerisation, Performance, Security etc.
- Deliver solid Infrastructure as Code by using automation tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Build and maintain container clusters with Kubernetes
- Optimize and improve our CI/CD workflow
- Develop and support tools for infrastructure to be used by other engineers
- Design blueprints and support engineers to implement them
- Mentoring/supporting engineers regarding tools, concepts and best practices
Check out some of the amazing open-source tools that we're building here at Platform:
Janus - An API Gateway written in Go
Klepto - Tool for copying and anonymising data
Kandalf - RabbitMQ to Kafka bridge
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our engineering blog.
Who we’re looking for
- Experience as a software developer [Python, Go, or Ruby]
- Experience with system administration or infrastructure maintenance
- Good knowledge of design patterns, system architecture, and best practices
- Practical cloud experience, preferably Amazon Web Services, Kubernetes and Terraform
- Enthusiasm for open source contribution
- You are passionate about mentoring and sharing knowledge
- Loves to automate things
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience with immutable infrastructure
- Previous experience working in an environment with microservices
- Knowledge of different deployment patterns (canary, zero-downtime)
What we offer
- The opportunity to get into one of the most intellectually demanding roles at one of the largest technology companies in Europe
- Cutting edge technology, allowing you to work with state-of-the-art tools and software solutions
- Freedom to innovate and test new tools
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth
- Great international exposure and team atmosphere
- Work in a modern office in the heart of Berlin with excellent transport links and employee perks
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your earliest starting date and your salary expectations.
We’re committed to making HelloFresh as inclusive as we can be. As part of that commitment, we chose to be transparent about our diversity data. To enable us to build an accurate picture of our workforce, we ask some optional questions in our application process.