Are you a software or quality engineer passionate about optimizing development and testing lifecycle via tools and process automation? We are the team that ensures quality of Audibles website applications and services for our global listeners. We are the home for tech talent that wants to grow Audibles market leading business and help to deliver superior customer experience across desktop and mobile devices in an efficient and optimized manner using latest tools and processes. The team is comprised of QA engineers and developers who work in an agile environment and partner closely with Audible and Amazon tech teams - Product, UX and Dev.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading eCommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Search, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you are excited to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and delivering high quality features to millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
· Programmatically test the product.
· Measure test coverage.
· Develop the best automation and tooling, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas.
· Define and Develop standards and frameworks to ensure most efficient processes and highest level of quality, as well as design tools for unit, functional, performance and security testing in a programmatic manner.
· Build test software that exposes API defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration prospective.
· Develop test metrics.
· Introduce and reinforce newer practices like BDD (Behavior Driven Development) or building AI Bots to activate Defect Prevention mode.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Bachelors Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field.
· 5+ years of experience as a QA Engineer and Software Developer or an SDET.
· 3+ years of expertise in automation using a programming language.
· 2+ years of software development experience using an OO programming language.
· Experience in designing and building test tools and systems.
· Expert level with Java/C++ or other OO languages.
· Expert Knowledge of QA Methodologies and software life cycle.
· Strong analytical, troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
· Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills (OOA/OOD).
· Experience in test automation for mobile applications and devices.
· Experience with test and behavior driven development.
· Good understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes.
· Experience with but not limited to JUnit/TestNG, JBehave (or other BDD framework), Selenium, mock objects.
· Solid grounding in computer science fundamentals; Algorithms and Data Structures.
· Proficient in building web applications.
· Be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment - where change is the only constant.
· Be a team player with high energy.
· Strong verbal and communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills and an out of the box thinker.
· Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
· Understanding of application architecture and technology infrastructure.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.