Job DescriptionBlackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Sr. Java Developer to join our team at our client’s site in Alexandria, VA.
Java Developer with experience in developing J2EE applications using REST/JSON, Spring, J2EE. Designs, develops, and implements web-based Java applications to support business requirements. Follows approved Agile life cycle methodologies, creates design documents & performs program coding. Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
· Strong knowledge and project experience in Java Technologies like J2EE, JSP, Servlets, JDBC, Spring, Web Services (REST, Soap), XSLT, XML
· Experience designing and implementing unit and functional testing
· Experience performing design and code reviews
· Experience with Database design including Stored Procedures, DML and DDL tasks
· Knowledge of Jenkins/Code Management/Configuration
· Experience with production support and issue resolution
· Experience working with in an Agile development environment
· Experience with JIRA
· Excellent communication and teamwork skills
· Bachelor’s Degree & 8+ years of relevant IT experience in developing J2EE applications (12+ years of relevant IT experience required without a Bachelor’s Degree).
· Must be able to obtain a Public Trust