Looking for an innovative, capable, high caliber, Embedded Software Engineer. Position opening is with a fast-paced team, building and supporting multiple mission critical applications used by hundreds of users. Projects you will work on have high exposure, reputability and respect across the community.
The position will involve firmware design, sustainment and field support for multiple systems and products in long- and short-term development cycles. The position will require limited travel in support of field exercises and demonstrations. Candidate should have a solid background in C/C++ as well as low level device drivers and RTOS. Candidate would be a part of the development team that develops specialized tracking devices and communications products for government, military, and commercial customers.
▪ U.S. Citizenship
▪ Must be willing and able to obtain a security clearance
▪ Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering
▪ 6+ years' experience writing embedded software on microcontrollers such as ARM, MSP430, PIC, AVR, etc
▪ 6+ years' experience programming C/C++
▪ 6+ years' experience writing low level device drivers for microcontroller peripherals such as SPI, UART, I2C, Client, DAC, USB etc.
▪ Experience writing a board support package for embedded microcontrollers
▪ Experience with real-time operating systems
▪ Experience performing unit level testing
▪ Ability to read and understand schematics to enable firmware development
▪ Good understanding of tasks, threads, inter-process communications, and other typical embedded operating system concepts and debugging methodologies
▪ Follows best practices with respect to code documentation and revision control
▪ Good team player, excellent communications skills, good with documenting/organizing work
▪ Experience successfully delivering technology projects with tangible deliverables
▪ Experience leading, coordinating, and presenting at meetings.
▪ Broad understanding of current and future communication systems and technologies surrounding that area.
▪ Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
▪ Strong skills in MS Office suite
▪ Ability to clearly communicate with customers to diagnose and resolve technical issues
▪ Practical understanding software development lifecycle.
▪ Experience in GPS, GSM, and/or Iridium
▪ Experience writing GUIs on Windows platforms
▪ Experience in C# or other high-level programming languages
▪ Experience with a formal release process
▪ Experience coding for low power
▪ Digital hardware design
▪ Digital communications
▪ Experience developing unit tests and test plans
▪ Experience developing platform agnostic applications
▪ Experience with tools and concepts supporting software version control systems
▪ Technical knowledge and technical writing ability for writing technical requirements, design documents, and deployment documentation
▪ Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
▪ Ability to quickly adapt to new situations.
▪ Ability to work effectively with strong, diverse personalities.
▪ Demonstrated ability to offer exceptional customer service.
▪ Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in English.
▪ Strong commitment to team environment.
▪ Must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing your time in a dynamic environment while requiring minimal levels of supervision and/or unsupervised.
▪ Must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to deal politely and effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
▪ Ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic environment, with demanding deadlines while ensuring internal/external customer needs are met.