Job DescriptionROLE TITLE: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Type of Employment: Fulltime
Teamit is the leader in modern talent strategy in Western Canada. We recruit, cultivate, and sustain high-performing remote technical teams. Our clients are primarily the US and Canada-based technology companies.
Our client, a leader in the financial sector, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has experience working independently and as a team member to research and develop products.
• Graduate degree in Engineering, Science or related field at an accredited college or university.
• 4+ years of experience in architecting and developing scalable, responsive front-end/UI frameworks or platforms.
• Understanding fundamental design principles behind scalable architectures
• Experience designing and building APIs using REST, GraphQL, websockets, or webhooks, etc.
• Extensive experience creating testable code, unit, and integration test suites, and integrating automated testing platforms
• Experience with enterprise CI/CD and DevOps concepts and technologies
• Experience with Docker, Google Cloud Platform, and microservice architectures is preferred.
• Experience with relational and non-relational data stores, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, etc.
• Work in an agile environment with data science colleagues and business stakeholders to iterate on value propositions for product development
• Self-starter, with the ability to establish OKRs, KPIs, milestones and keep projects on task
• Strong strategic thinking skills and a bias for action and learning
• Empathetic, relatable, responsible
• Bonus points if you’ve built a startup, can demonstrate your unique contributions to open source projects and/or have experience with human interface/human UX