The role on the team will include:
· Participate in the design and development of a technical solution that meets the needs of the business and aligns with architectural and quality standards, and effectively integrates solutions delivered with adjacent and tertiary solutions/technologies.
· Independently identifies, defines, directs, and/or performs analysis to resolve complex, issues in their area(s) of expertise.
· Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including coding, testing, debugging, and installing for a variety of systems.
· Ensures the effective performance of assigned product(s) and their integration with adjacent solutions/technologies.
· Develops working knowledge of tertiary domains.
· Helps define the scope of sprints.
· Contributes to the vision for technical solutioning.
· Supports mentoring and developing the capabilities of peers.
· Ensures knowledge sharing within the team and across teams
· Conducts diagnoses of business problems, working with colleagues in the business to define the scope of the solution and desired outcomes.
· Functions independently with limited work direction.
· Commits to deliverables with customers and/or management.
What We are Looking For:
To make it clear, we are not looking for just anyone. We are looking for someone special, someone who had these experiences and clearly demonstrated these skills:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other relevant technology field and minimum of 5 years directly relevant work experience required (Experience beyond 5 years may be accepted in lieu of degree, to be evaluated on a case by case basis).
· 5+ years’ experience with Java development required
· Experience designing solutions in collaboration with Architecture and the Development team
· Agile experience required
· Experience with Devops practices required
· Expert knowledge of Java and Spring (Boot / MVC) Framework preferred
· Advanced working knowledge of RDS databases such as Oracle, MySQL, and Postgres as well as experience with NoSQL data stores such Document DB, Cassandra and DynamoDB
· Experience working with Cloud technologies required, AWS preferred (EC2, S3, SQS, SNS, API Gateway, CloudFormation, Lambda, EKS)
· Experience with infrastructure configuration and CI/CD tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Elastic Beanstalk, Fargate, Jenkins, CircleCI, Go CD required
· Familiarity with other technologies such as NodeJS, Python, Ruby, etc. a plus
· Experience building and maintaining eCommerce sites preferred
· Experience working with Analysts and Product Owners to provide technical feedback during story intake and creation
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· High motivation and passion to work in a fast, agile environment with the ability to adapt to change