- Desktop Support
Environmental Restoration LLC (ER) is a provider of cost-effective hazardous wastes material management and removal services. Our services include Emergency Response, Environmental Remediation/Construction, and Industrial Services. Since 1998, we have been a remediation contractor for federal, state, local agencies and private sector clients, providing services nationwide from our St. Louis corporate headquarters and multiple regional offices across North America.
ER is currently seeking a full-time Desktop Support Technician with 5+ years of experience who will respond to all inbound service requests for infrastructure support as well as new user onboarding for an environment of ~250 users.
This position will require working 40+ hours a week in an office environment with the standard workday is Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM. Some on-call and some after-hours work will be required. This position will require little to no travel beyond the daily commute to and from our corporate office.
Benefits include competitive pay, earned paid time off, 401k eligibility, as well as medical benefit eligibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and others may be assigned.)
- Create new user accounts within Active Directory, SharePoint, Office 365, Exchange and other company applications.
- Setup/install software and hardware for new and existing employees as well as employees refreshing equipment.
- Setup and assign new VOIP phones within the web management console.
- Educate users on the proper usage of company hardware and applications.
- Assist users in the configuration of their mobile devices to obtain access to company applications.
- Enforcing corporate security standards at the desktop and user level.
- Maintain Group Policies at the desktop and user level.
- Troubleshoot trouble tickets to resolve complex technical issues with hardware, applications, and user issues.
- Create and update documentation relating to change management and processes.
- Maintaining updated inventory and utilization records of software and hardware resources.
- Purchasing and shipping hardware from approved vendors.
- Troubleshoot possible network issues affecting end users and be able to supply network and troubleshooting details to an escalated resource.
- Work with 3rd party software vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues with their applications.
- Assist Systems Engineer, Network Administrator, or IT Manager with open projects.
- Extensive experience in diagnosing and repairing desktop/laptop hardware.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting desktop and end user issues.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting Microsoft Office 365 and other Office products.
- Extensive experience working with remote users.
- In Depth technical experience with Windows 10.
- Basic usage of Windows Server Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and Group Policy management.
- Basic usage of Microsoft Exchange including new user creation, email archiving, and litigation searches.
- Limited experience with Apple products (preferred).
- Basic experience administering web-based VOIP phone systems.
- Basic experience administering web-based routers and firewalls as well as client vpn software.
- Extensive experience in change management and documentation.
- Experience with hosted email and web security platforms.
- 2+ years working in a Desktop Support or End User Support role w 100+ users.
- 2+ years basic knowledge of Windows Server Roles
- Associate degree or certificate from technical trade school.
- Multiple Technical Vendor Certifications (preferred).
- Strong organization, people and communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Must be able to physically bend, stop, and lift up to 40lbs, as necessary for equipment installations, workstation set ups, etc.
Job Source: Ziprecruiter
(Will expire by: 2020-01-15 00:00:00
© Techie Jobs 2019. All rights reserved.