This position will support the validation program for electrical hardware for residential solar and energy storage systems. It will involve test planning, test fixture development, coding for automation of testing and data gathering, and reporting of results.
Designs, develops, and implements cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting systems and equipment. Prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and equipment, and completes specifications and procedures for new products. Presents results to design team for iterative development. Plans the labor, schedules, and equipment required for developing and executing test methodologies.
• Experienced in both hardware and software aspects of electrical test.
• Familiar with Python, LabVIEW, or similar test automation programming languages.
• Ability to work in the lab with electrical hardware and test equipment
• Ability to document and communicate test results
• Works on problems of diverse scope, where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
• Solves complex technical problems within area of designation.
• Uses all resources at hand, internal and external, to apply the most appropriate problem solving techniques.
• Uses understanding of the root cause to develop future innovation opportunities.
Teamwork, Collaboration and Influence:
• Insures that knowledge and information are appropriately communicated.
• Encourages collaboration by engaging others in problem solving.
• Suggests alternative solutions to complex issues.
• Collaborates company-wide on cross-functional, cross-divisional teams.
• Adept at working directly with customers, suppliers, or contract manufacturers to discuss technical matters.
• Works independently, providing leadership for some project elements.
• Develops and recommends solutions for problems of diverse scope.
Creative Thinking and Innovation:
• Applies diverse experience from multiple projects to solve problems, benefit the project team and/or develop new technical roadmaps.
• Looks for innovative ways to improve operational methods to align with SunPower values.
Impact and Results Focus:
• Delivers results that positively impact productivity and quality of finished work or product.
• Demonstrates strong understanding of project scope and logic, including economics and relationship to needs of SunPower’s customers.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• B.S. degree in Engineering and 4+ years of related experience or M.S. Degree and 2+ years or Ph.D. and 0+ years
• OR equivalent combination of education and years of related experience
© Techie Jobs 2020. All rights reserved.