Title: Software Test Engineer
The position will be responsible for both creating test scripts for validating test cases as well creating traditional test cases from requirements. The engineer will work closely with requirements teams to understand functional and interface specifications, and with validation teams in the support of creation and execution of test plans. The engineer will need to be comfortable with Python and have knowledge of creating programmatic test scripts. Additionally, will work with Rational RTC & RQM tools. As well as Telematics units and Automotive CAN tools and bus analyzers. Looking for a technical expert, who is a self-starter with an innate aptitude for technology. A resilient confident technical professional/leader, who feels comfortable working in a team of professionals and has a lot of pride in their personal effectiveness and contributions. A person with a can do attitude and believes that they can solve any problem given the time and resources
• Software Requirements and Design analysis for integration and test purposes
• Creating integration and test plans
• Create test cases from requirements
• Input of test cases and test results into formal test case database
• Work closely with local requirement, development, and test teams
• Creation and execution of automated test scripts
• Interpret test case results and work with development to record and identify defects.
• Ad hoc triage of system issues
• Gather and interpret information from all component interfaces.
• Create test scenarios to identify resource dependencies or conflicts
• Work with Rational RTC & RQM
• Familiar with Vehicle Infotainment and validation of Infotainment systems.
• Minimum 5-7 years in software test applicable experience.
• System test experience: including test generation, test script creation, automated and manual test execution, and logging of test results.
• Preferred experience with vehicle bus tools, preferably VehicleSpy or Vector tools
• Preferred experience with automotive infotainment systems including infotainment validation and hardware configuration.
• Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to work with outside teams.
• Highly adaptable and able to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to read hardware design spec and configure hardware to spec.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Rational SW tool chain – DNG, RTC, RQM
• Skills in scripting languages such as Perl, Python or Shell
• Good working knowledge of Scrum/Agile software development process
Skills and Abilities:
• Extensive background in operating system tuning and statistical analysis
• Experience in the various types of testing (unit, integration, system, user acceptance, performance/volume/stress) preferred
• Experience writing black box and GUI test cases, designing tests to mitigate risks, and helping business experts define requirements
• Experience writing simple SQL queries and insert/update statements, and basic grasp of Oracle or another relational database
• At least one year of experience with scripting languages (Perl, Ruby,Python, Jython, Groovy, Tcl), and/or open source test tools (Fit, FitNesse, Canoo WebTest, HtmlUnit or others), and/or commercial test tool scripting languages, and/or programming in any language
• Knowledge of basic Unix commands; Unix shell scripting skills a plus • Experience collaborating on some level with programmers and business experts
• Need to be familiar with writing test cases
• Analyzing requirements off test cases
• Familiarity with infotainment environment
• Automated test scrips
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science
• 5+ years experience in acceptance testing• Minimum of 5 years technical experience in Information Technology
© Techie Jobs 2020. All rights reserved.