- Tier 3 Tech Support Engineer
Tier 3 Tech Support Engineer
The HT Group,
This job post has expired
But wait! We have similar jobs for you!
Tier 3 Technical Support Engineer North Austin/Domain Area
The HT Group has partnered with an information security firm in the Domain are of north Austin to hire a Level 3 Technical Support Engineer to join them as a full-time employee.
The Tier 3 Tech Support Engineer serves as the final point of resolution for our clients customers encountering problems with products. You will troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues that may impede the customers ability to use their solutions, addressing customer issues with a calm and methodical approach that instills confidence and ensures customer satisfaction. As a technical expert, you are expected to act as an escalation point for challenging support cases. You will need to become a subject matter expert for their products and ensure quality of service and SLA compliance.
- Troubleshoot client issues with their security solutions, which may include anti-spam, AV or phishing software
- Research and solve complex issues impacting their customer's utilization of their products
- Diagnose root causes for system issues, and provide long-term solutions to customers
- Anticipate the impact of customer problems to additional processes and/or systems; devise and recommend long-term solutions to enhance ongoing customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate and communicate a commitment to resolving the issue through attentiveness and patience.
- Build positive relationships with customers by keeping them informed of progress, changes and solutions in a timely and effective manner that exceeds their expectations
- Acquire and document in-depth technical knowledge of their products
- Be available for on call rotation for 24/7 emergency support
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge in networking: standard internet protocols and ports, network monitoring and analysis tools, configuration of network devices (switches, routers, firewalls)
- Advanced knowledge of Linux: system and network configuration, software installation, troubleshooting, bash scripting, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows: system and network configuration, registry, software installation, troubleshooting, scripting, Active Directory, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Azure Cloud: administration, deployment management, scripting
- Experience with virtualization infrastructure, private and public: VMWare, Hyper-V, AWS, or Rackspace
- Programming or scripting experience and knowledge of RESTful API
- 5+ years of experience in tech support
- Ability to work in a distributed and multi-cultural environment
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor or college degree in Computer Science, or related discipline
© Techie Jobs 2020. All rights reserved.