THE OPPORTUNITY – About Washington STEM
Join a team that is passionately committed to advancing economic opportunity by inspiring and preparing Washington youth for high-demand careers and lifelong learning through a focus on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) education. Washington STEM and its regional STEM Networks and community partners create solutions and change policies to bring the best STEM education to Washington students, especially students of color, females, and youth living in high-poverty and rural communities. Our goal is for every Washington youth to realize their full potential and thrive in our innovation-driven economy and society. Launched in 2011, Washington STEM has a track record of success, a highly engaged board of directors, and an entrepreneurial and results-driven spirit. Located in an innovation center just south of Puget Sound’s thriving technology hub, our organization has a close-knit culture in which we place a high priority on communication, collaboration, fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion where each person is supported to thrive, and having fun together. Washington STEM recognizes that historical and systemic inequity, especially institutional racism, is the root cause to problems we aim to solve. We acknowledge that it is impossible for us to fulfill our mission without creating an equitable and inclusive environment for our staff, partners, and people we serve. For more information about Washington STEM, please visit our website.
The Executive Assistant to the CEO is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the CEO, Board of Directors, and Executive Team and managing the organization’s office operations, including working remotely with the Washington State Opportunity Scholarship (WSOS) team. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
· Provide sophisticated calendar management for CEO. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
· Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors. Arrange and handle all logistics for Board meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes on behalf of Board Secretary. Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board matters.
· Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense and mileage reports.
· Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect CEO’s style and organization policy.
· Work closely with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated. Anticipate CEO’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
· Maintain open communications with the WSOS team, including meeting regularly with their operations and technology coordinator and providing information and documents as needed.
· Coordinate all Executive Team meetings and retreats and assist with staff meetings and events as needed.
· Provide "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Executive Team. Complete projects by assigning work to appropriate staff, including the Executive Team, on behalf of the CEO.
· Work with the Executive Team to coordinate the CEO’s outreach activities. Follow up on contacts made by the CEO to cultivate ongoing relationships.
· Manage all aspects of organization’s office services. Evaluate and assist in developing office policies and procedures for improved work flow and anticipate future needs as organization grows. Assist in the selection of vendors and purchase equipment, services, and supplies necessary for operation of organization.
· Manage information systems operations including hardware, software, desktop support, internal telecommunications, and strategic systems development and planning. Provide leadership to all levels of the organization, including the WSOS team, to meet their current and future information needs. Supervise IT consultants. Prepare budget recommendations.
· Replenish office materials such as snacks, printer supplies, paper, office supplies, etc.
· Provide event management support as requested.
· Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment.
· Answer main phone line and respond to inquiries.
· Process and distribute daily mail.
· Invest in building long-lasting relationships both externally and internally.
· Manage petty cash reimbursements and reconciliation.
· Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
· Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
· Significant executive support experience, including supporting C-level executives. Nonprofit board experience is highly-preferred.
· Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software; ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials.
· Technical proficiency and problem-solving skills related to: IT infrastructure; IT support and troubleshooting; and cloud-based environments (web-based applications).
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
· High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors, and funded partners.
· Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
· Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
· Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
· Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
· Excellent judgment is essential.
· Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
· Thrive in an intense, do-it-yourself, start-up environment.
· Ability to work well within a cross-functional team environment and diverse communities.
· This position is an outstanding opportunity for a highly-motivated executive assistant to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly-respected organization. As such, compensation for this role is competitive. The starting salary will be commensurate with candidate experience. The salary range is $76,500 - $93,500.
· Health, dental, vision, Rx, long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance
· Vacation, PTO, and holidays
· Matching 401(k)
HOW TO APPLY
Washington STEM is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive work environment and to building a team that reflects the rich diversity of our community. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and identities are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter. Your cover letter should express your specific interest in and qualifications for this role as well as respond to these questions:
1) What does it mean for you to have a commitment to diversity and equity?
2) How have you demonstrated that commitment and how would you see yourself demonstrating it at Washington STEM?
Please submit this information to [email protected] Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled. If the position is visible on our website, it remains open.
© Techie Jobs 2019. All rights reserved.