This is a 6-month contract position. There are 2 openings.
1. Perform in-process and final inspections on product throughout the SMF work centers (Receiving, Manufacturing, Integration and Test) and perform product build documentation review and end-item data package review.
2. Perform detailed inspections on both EEE and Mechanical components at the piece part level as well as the assembly and sub-assembly level.
3. Uphold quality standards and workmanship practices in assigned work centers by learning/practicing process specifications and employing quality workmanship standards during everyday job functions.
4. Generate nonconformance reports for discrepancies discovered during inspection processes.
5. Perform audits of work areas to ensure compliance with Orbital Sciences Corporations ISO 9001/AS 9100 procedures and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
6. Perform in-depth reviews of product build documentation for configuration audit to determine if as-built meets as-designed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
The top 3 skills that we are looking for are: Mechanical or electrical piece part inspection experience, good computer skills, good technical writing skills.
The team you will work with: Receiving Inspection work center currently consists of 5 other QAI’s who perform inspections on various types of piece parts and assemblies that we have procured from other suppliers.
1. Must be able to read engineering documentation and inspect to drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions
2. Minimum 5 years experience in Quality Assurance or relevant experience in Electrical or Mechanical field of work in performance of technical job function
3. Able to use Microsoft applications and ability to learn new computer programs/applications easily.
4. Basic technical writing skills are required
1. Associates (2 year) degree from accredited institution
2. Knowledge in Mechanical, Electrical, or Radio Frequency (RF) Engineering is a plus.
3. Working knowledge of TIPQA and/or Costpoint database applications
4. Knowledge in how to read schematics and Wirelist is a plus
5. Previous experience working in ISO-certified company
© Techie Jobs 2019. All rights reserved.