- IT Security
- Mid-Level Information Security Engineer
Mid-Level Information Security Engineer
Category: IT Security
Title:Mid-Level Information Security Engineer
Location:Open, United States
Lunarline is hiring an Information Security Engineer. We are looking for an enthusiastic professional with 3+ years of experience in documenting and analyzing IS security policies, implementing, integrating and maintaining the information security of firms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze the client system security, conduct gap analysis, determines enterprise information security standards, and develop and implement information security standards and procedures.
- Participate and lead compliance related discussions (this includes in-depth understanding of applicable compliance frameworks, architectures, and security control requirements (technical and non-technical).
- Work directly with customers to resolve cybersecurity issues and concerns as well as to explain how compliance with various standards and frameworks are achieved.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities required to deliver a project on time and within budget.
- Attend, participate, and lead regular project meetings; communicate and distill information from technical resources during formal and informal meetings.
- Understand privacy laws and regulations and how to apply them.
- Understand the process of completing Privacy Threshold Analysis (PTA), Privacy Impact Analysis (PIA), and System of Records Notice (SORN) documents.
- Develop and assess cyber security documentation for client information systems in accordance with FISMA, NIST RMF, FedRAMP, and departmental requirements.
- Provide integration and implementation of the computer system security solution.
- Establish and satisfy complex system-wide information security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Support customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies.
- Apply know-how to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in performing and/or participating in FISMA based security Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities.
- Working-level knowledge of FISMA, NIST/DoD RMF, and NIST SP 800-series publications.
- Must be sufficiently familiar with typical Federal A&A documentation (e.g., System Security Plans (SSPs), System Assessment Plans (SAPs), System Assessment Reports (SARs), Plan of Actions and Milestones (POAMs), and more) in order to contribute to authorship and/or solely author such documents.
- Exposure to Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and related terminology as it relates to Information Security/Information Assurance.
- Self-motivated and able to work in an independent manner or as part of a client delivery team.
- Able to write about and discuss technical security issues in a clear, concise manner.
- Exceptional organizational, planning, and attention to detail skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, remote environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Mathematics or Engineering (Electrical, Computer, Mechanical) or related field.
- The following certifications (more than one is preferred): Lunarline, Inc. School of Cybersecurity “Certified Expert” certifications, Security+, Network+, CAP, or SANS security certification.
Job Source: Ziprecruiter
(Will expire by: 2019-11-22 00:00:00
© Techie Jobs 2019. All rights reserved.