- QA and testing
- Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer
Category: QA and testing
Do you have an eye for quality? Do you love to negotiate to get the best prices? If so, we are looking for a meticulous Supplier Quality Engineer to secure the best parts for our us so we can build our products to top standards. You will be pivotal in our manufacturing process as you review engineering and manufacturing specifications and find the best vendors in the industry for the parts we need. You’ll flex your extensive knowledge and interpersonal skills to work out cost-effective contracts and monitor materials constantly for any lapse in quality. You will be our barrier against subpar materials and drive the supply base to zero defects. If we build it, our customers will come, but we can only do it well with your help.
This new position will assist in shaping/influencing the development and growth of the Ferco Aerospace Supply Chain and its operations through direct engagement with Engineering, Procurement, Production and other Quality functions. Additionally, you will help Ferco Aerospace SQM leadership and Quality teams meet SQM's mission and objectives through supporting various SQM initiatives and special projects
If this is not an accurate description of who you are, please do not apply—this position is not a good fit.
- Identify opportunities to reduce Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) associated with procured products. Opportunities may result in defect reduction, cost savings, or capacity analysis, or on time delivery. Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base.
- Lead and support key Supplier Quality strategic initiatives and projects.
- Collaborate with various functions (both internally and externally) to solve technical and contractual issues, and ensuring execution is aligned with the quality and delivery goals set by the Ferco Aerospace team.
- Review engineering and manufacturing specifications to identify materials needed for product assembly for all manufactured goods
- Research and find the best vendors to supply materials needed for manufacturing process
- Contact vendors and liaise between manufacturing engineers, manufacturing personnel, and suppliers to negotiate contracts to secure required materials for the production floor
- Conduct supplier quality control audits on a regular basis to ensure vendors and their supplies remain in compliance with company and customer manufacturing and production standards
- Communicate with vendors regularly to address any concerns and foster an environment that facilitates continual improvement in working relationships
- Understand and interpret all manufacturing audits, including ISO 9001, AS9100, and other industry standards
- Maintain a supplier database and include performance evaluations and quality control audits in the database for in-house access by company and management personnel
- Assist with logistics, including communications with vendors when there are packaging and receiving issues when materials arrive at receiving dock
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical / STEM field and experience in Quality Assurance
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer preferred or working towards.
- Experience with applying Quality concepts and tools.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and production process
- Aerospace knowledge a plus
Other Skills and Abilities
- Green Belt Certification, Facilitation experience, Lean/Sigma practical experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle a large amount of responsibility
- Customer Service oriented mindset.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office toolset with specific focus on MS Excel data
- Emerging Leadership skills
- Process Mapping skills
- Demonstrated Presentation skills
- Individual must be able to carry job boxes up to 25 lbs and know to ask for help in any situation where the job might exceed 25 lbs.
- Able to bend, twist, turn, carry, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, etc
- Able to sit or stand for prolonged periods
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
- 30% travel within the United States
Job Source: Ziprecruiter
(Will expire by: 2019-11-22 00:00:00
© Techie Jobs 2019. All rights reserved.