We are responsible for the user experience and visual branding of a wide range of digital platforms (iOS, Android, web, tvOS, Fire TV, Xbox, Windows) for our sports, news and entertainment apps in North America. Our team oversees all phases of the design process, from concept to design operations. We work closely with a brilliant team of product owners, engineers and business owners to apply strategic design solutions or insights to delight customers.
Looking to add an Associate Project Manager for Design (APMD) to its team. The APMD will champion project management for all design initiatives for our sports, news and entertainment brands across all our consumer products including web, mobile and set-top box devices. This highly visible role will be the go-to source design project management, daily communication and planning and will interface with various internal teams such as product, marketing, content operations and technology.
We're looking for someone who is passionate to be part of a design team responsible for creating user centered, beautiful, and effective applications that will be seen by millions of users across the U.S. You are excited and motivated to work with world-famous brands. You have a passion for design project management; you take pride in working for a team that strives to deliver the best solutions possible, always on time. You suffer from severe SPP (Strategically-Organized-Planning) syndrome, and you continue to refuse treatment for it! You are a collaborative individual who doesn’t shy away from any project management challenge, no matter its scale or the size of the organization. You provide and voice solutions that enhance planning, communications and processes. You are a master of your craft, but you are always eager to learn and expand your skills. Sound like you? If so, keep reading.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Most important, you are driven and are excited to own and manage and production plans, timelines and schedules for the entire design team.
• Oversee daily communications and status for our design and production processes; keeping track of daily activities, timelines and schedules from all our stakeholders.
• Track resource availability, project timelines and milestones; helping communicate, flag and mitigate risk and bottlenecks wherever possible.
• Bridge client and internal teams together by collaborating and merging processes, creating and fostering additional design opportunities and success stories.
• Expert at design resource management; you provide resource estimates and forecast plans to project leads.
• Collaborate with our design leadership and colleagues to author and communicate design project plans for all design initiatives across all platforms.
• Provide daily design team status across multiple projects; coordinate daily with internal business divisions (PMO, Product, Marketing and Technology) to make sure design deliverables are on schedule and on time.
• Support the design team where possible; help gather requirements, deliverables, resources, cross check quality assurance and work with management to improve efficiencies and performance.
• Love and believe in the value of good design; always representing the team’s capabilities to the fullest at all times.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience. (max 3)
• Understanding of design as a business.
• Understanding on UX, Digital Production and Marketing design processes.
• Client facing skills. Approachable, always friendly, easy going and cool-head personality that can handle the pressure on large initiatives and challenging timelines.
• Planning and resource forecasting skills.
• Working knowledge of project management software such as JIRA, Asana and/or Smartsheet.
• Strong communication skills. From drafting emails, responding on Slack to verbally communicating, you possess the skills to professionally and effectively communicate information to any team member. Your communications always provide clarity and direction to all parties involved.
Contract to perm
Candidate will be the Face of design and direct team
Must be organized, structured, great communications (liaison between Depts and Design Mgt + teams)
Project management and understanding design process
Manage creative design (know phases) from beginning to end
5-7 project large scale (i.e. FIFA world cup) and small scale (i.e new feature being launched in app)
Will be responsible for design plan, aligning resources, design deliverable and forecasting
© Techie Jobs 2019. All rights reserved.