- Business / Management
- Director of Contracts - Innovative Fast Growing Company
Director Of Contracts - Innovative Fast Growing Company
Category: Business / Management
Director of Contracts - Innovative Fast Growing Company
Work for one of the most dynamic and innovative Research and Engineering companies in Southern California. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
- A technology innovator that solves tough mission-critical challenges for our customers in advanced military defense and homeland security markets by designing, developing, manufacturing, and distributing novel technology solutions for ground, vehicle, maritime, and airborne applications.
- Exciting “Start up” Environment. Company started in February 2018 and is growing rapidly. Our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- Located in Torrance, CA that includes some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities.
- Delivering Tens of Millions of Dollars in products to clients in various state, federal as well as commercial industries.
- Employs over 130 awesome and talented people, including PhD level scientists and other highly accomplished engineers.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Relocation assistance available
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Are you looking for an exciting position with a growing aerospace company with an exciting and fun atmosphere that is more of a startup than an old school government contracting company?
If the answer is yes than please read on!
We are seeking an experience government contract leader to step into the role of Director of Contracts. You will be responsible for developing contract volumes for sole source and competitive proposals, negotiating contract terms and software licensing agreements, and providing oversight for development and production contracts as needed.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Researching issues and reviewing case law when needed to assess contract risk.
- Will review and negotiate a variety of agreements (e.g. proprietary information agreements, teaming agreements, licensing agreements, etc.) and develop related documentation.
- Develop strategies for negotiation in alignment with company objectives and lead negotiations for complex contracts.
- Negotiate software licenses for use in development and production efforts
- Lead the review and analysis of RFP's, take exception to terms and submit compliant cost proposals
- Provide advice and legal interpretation of contract terms and conditions, and identify risk and potential liability
- Advise senior management on government contract requirements and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal regulations, as well as contract terms and conditions.
- Investigate and resolve contract compliance problems
- Support and advise management on contractual rights and obligations while remaining current regarding laws and proposed legislation and potential impact on current contracts.
- Coordinate activities with a team of contract managers and administrators to manage contracts and agreements from proposal preparation, negotiation, and administration through close-out
- Working closely with contracting officers of the US government, prime contractors, the DCMA and other related organizations
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located right on the ocean and next to Redondo Beach. This picturesque Southern California location opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- Expertise in aerospace commercial and military contracting processes and principles; complex legal and regulatory requirements related to contracts with customers, suppliers, and partners; FAR/DFAR and SBIR contracts
- 8 + years’ experience in Government especially Department of Defense contracting with experience managing other contracts professionals
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, Adobe Acrobat with working knowledge of Costpoint software (a plus)
- Knowledge of DCMA or DCAA audits
- Exposure to procuring software licenses for use in development and production contracts
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree or Juris Doctor (JD) preferred)
Job Source: Ziprecruiter
(Will expire by: 2019-10-25 00:00:00
© Techie Jobs 2019. All rights reserved.