- Other techies
- Client Platform Engineer
Client Platform Engineer
Category: Other techies
Our partner is seeking a Client Platform Engineer, based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin! In this three-month contract role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing client-based products for our corporate end-user environment! You will enhance owned products based off business need, industry trends and customer feedback, all while creating best practices for newly adopted technologies!
W2 only, no C2C, must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship (both now and in the future.
What You’ll Do:
- Own and implement technologies, processes and roadmaps for client-based productivity tools and systems
- Develop documentation, monitoring and metrics for products owned
- Enhance owned products based on business need, industry trends and customer feedback
- Develop and provide training for support administrators
- Provide Level 3 technical support, break-fix/troubleshooting and serve as an effective escalation point for the client-based teams
- Empower front-line support teams by providing system tools and training
- Research and experiment with emerging client technologies and monitor vendor roadmaps and industry trends
- Create best practices for newly adopted technologies
- Attend meetings in various locations
- Receive and make phone calls frequently throughout day
- Partake in infrequent lifting of up to 20 lbs. of work materials
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field
- 4-7 years’ experience providing client application support (Microsoft OS, email technologies, VDI, SCCM, Active Directory, Client Based OS, Linux)
- JAMF (Mac Automation)
- SCCM Packaging and Scripting (Windows)
- Windows 7 and 10
- Strong knowledge of hardware, software and related technology
- Experience supporting Microsoft and Macintosh platforms
- Treat employees as Partners
- Approachability — Is easy to approach and talk to. Spend the extra effort to put others at ease.
- Ability to make peer relationships —team player attitude and cooperative mindset. Encourage collaboration.
- Customer Focus — Demonstrates Outrageous Customer Service by exceeding the expectations of both internal and external customers. Gets firsthand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services.
- Integrity and Trust — Is widely trusted. Is seen as a direct, truthful individual. Admit mistakes.
- Functional/Technical Skills — functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Priority Setting — Spends time and the time of others on what's important. Eliminates roadblocks. Creates focus.
- Personal Learning — Picks up on the need to change personal, interpersonal, and managerial behavior quickly. Seek feedback. Sensitivity to changing personal demands and requirements and changes accordingly.
- Drive for Results —Exceed goals successfully. Very bottom-line oriented. Steadfastly push self and others for results.
- Learning on the Fly - Learns quickly when facing new problems. A relentless and versatile learner. Open to change. Analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement. Experiments and will try anything to find solutions. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks. Quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Informing - Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or organization. Provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions. Is timely with information.
- Perseverance - Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish. Seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Probes all fruitful sources for answers. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
© Techie Jobs 2019. All rights reserved.