Delivery Hero is building the next generation global online food-ordering platform. Our awesome international team already operates in more than 40 countries worldwide to ensure hungry customers get the fastest way to their favorite takeaway food. The company has grown from its inception in 2011 to become the world’s largest food-ordering network and is listed on the German Stock Exchange. It’s an exciting time for Delivery Hero with a huge and rapid amount of growth in countries, market size and opportunities.
You’re an innovative problem solver, enthusiastic, fast learning and hungry for new adventures who gets things done?! You aim to add value through innovation by leveraging current trends in software design, frameworks and RESTful web services. Your future teammates are dedicated to deliver the highest standards when it comes to the scalability, performance and user-centricity of our software and so are you. If this resonates with you, then an exciting job in a multinational company in the heart of Berlin is waiting for you!
What’s on your menu?
- You will guide and support an established team of engineers in their day to day development experience, their personal development, and long term career growth.
- You will provide hands-on technical leadership, peer review and adherence to coding standards as well as technical strategy and direction to the team.
- You will lead your team by example and lead with both mind and heart.
- You will craft and maintain critical internal services and APIs in a team of experienced software engineers.
- You will be overseeing the integration of new applications into the Identity and Access Management infrastructure.
- You are used to a cross-functional way-of-working and have an entrepreneurial mindset to drive the whole development cycle according to its purpose - from implementation to testing, code reviews and maintenance including debugging and diagnosis.
- You’ll have the chance to innovate technology, processes and product affecting the whole organization.
- You are capable to ensure code quality in the whole team.
What do you bring to the table?
- Leadership skills - an emphatic and respected leader.
- Ability to build, inspire, and manage a full-time staff of software engineers as well as recognize and solve inefficiencies in our development process.
- Strong understanding of SSO concepts and implementations.
- You are an absolute pro in the relevant tech stack, i.e. Java 7/8, Spring4, Hibernate.
- You speak HTTP and REST like your mother tongue.
- You firmly believe in lean and agile development (Kanban / Scrum).
- You have a passion for secure, clean and beautiful code, with an eye for simplicity and pragmatism.
- You understand that quality is not assured solely by the QA engineer, but by the team.
- You believe in cross-functional teams and know that responsibility does not end with deployment.
- Experience with Identity and Access Management solutions will be a plus (eg. SailPoint IIQ, Azure Active Directory, etc).
- You have worked with Jira and Confluence, managing tasks in sprints is something you’re good in and enjoy doing, documenting knowledge is an obvious matter to you.
- You can easily understand technical architecture of complex and highly scalable applications.
- You are well-structured in your thinking and have a keen eye for detail in the execution of tasks.
- Being fluent in English is essential for this role, German and any other language skills are welcome.
- Develop your skills with your educational budget for conferences and external training.
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers at regular meetups and in our active guilds.
- Get to know your colleagues during company parties, hackathon, cultural and sports events.
- English is our working language, and our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe, working in diverse, cross-cultural teams.
- Flexible working hours, with the option of home office.
- Save responsibly with our corporate pension scheme.
- Enjoy fresh fruits, cereals, beverages, tea and coffee in our lounges.
- Take a break with Kicker or table tennis.
- Take a timeout in our nap room.
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our in-house training.
- Enjoy massages or get your hair cut in the office.
Up for a challenge? Apply now!
More information about what we are doing can be found on our tech blog, so check it out!
Find our stack here.
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.