Job profile summary:
US Pipelines and Logistics (USPL) owns and operates midstream assets throughout the Midwest and Pacific Northwest. The Project Manager is an integral member of the Projects Team responsible for the delivery of the annual plan of capital and revex projects. The projects include regulatory compliance, integrity management, commercial maintain, and commercial growth projects. The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership capability and extensive project delivery experience and be able to work with individuals in the Engineering, Operations, Commercial, and Finance teams to achieve the above stated objectives.
- Manages more complex, higher budget projects; at times serving in a lead role
- Coordinates and oversees required project resources; people, budget, etc.
- Applies stage-gated Capital Value Process (CVP), Engineered Modifications and Small Projects Policy (EMSP), and R&M Project Common Process (Pcp) on USPL projects.
- Develops and implements effective project HSSE plans.
- Ensures compliance with BP ETP's, USPL STP's, industry standards, and OMS.
- Develops budgets, schedules, and project execution strategies.
- Evaluates and manages project risk and contingency plans in addition to process safety related risk management.
- Develops and implements quality management plan for the project.
- Leads development and implementation of contracting, purchasing, and construction strategies.
- Manages relationships with contractors, suppliers, internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages safety, cost, schedule, operability, and maintenance objectives for the projects.
- Maintains alignment of project teams with business objectives; Gate Keeper and Stakeholder reviews.
- Implement best practices into project execution plans.
- Captures lessons learned, communicates lessons to other project teams and implements lessons learned in future project planning.
- Mentors and coaches Project Engineers
- 10 years engineering /technical experience
- 5 years project management or project engineering experience
- Contractor management experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Engineering technology or technical degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- 5 years onshore oil and gas project management experience
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers' needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.Legal disclaimer
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at [email protected]
or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. ( Spanish version )
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement .